WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year Doxa introduced 3 new models at Basel (Searambler 750, Miltary Sharkhunter and the Sharkhunter T-graph). Since then, three new GMT models have been released (Divingstar, Carribbean and Professional).

How many (if any) new models can we expect at the 2007 Basel show?

Administrator?

Doxa?

Legitimate rumors?

Hints?

Thanks.

Kev.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please post if you are also curious. I'd like to keep this thread alive until we get some official word.

Kev.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I asked a similar question a while back. I got no response! I guess we will have to wait until April:-|

Andy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Guys

Isn't 6 new watches in the space of a year enough?
Oh alright, maybe not. What's next?
(Doxa guys we won't tell anyone else, honest)

·
Registered
641 Posts
I hope the rumours of the forth coming Conquistador turn out to be true!

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
I want to see a new T-graph with a more legible chronograph minute counter and underwater pushers. I know the DOXA guys said the 2008 T-graph may have underwater pushers. Hopefully, the larger minute counter will happen as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm still hoping for a PVD T-Graph. I would also like to see underwater pushers.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,195 Posts
I'm still hoping for a PVD T-Graph. I would also like to see underwater pushers.
I second the PVD T-Graph. That would be an awesome combination with the Sharkhunter dial. Maybe limit it to 100 pieces; I'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

I can't concur with the underwater pushers. The three companies who've set the standard (and created the genre) for dive watches over the past 40+ years (Doxa, Rolex, and Omega) use screw down pushers on their current models. I could care less what Breitling or anyone else are doing; they don't have the pedigree to back it up IMO.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Screw down pushers are nice for divers going to several hundred meters to give divers greater depth range, but most of the t-graphs likely sell to the recreational diver not going more than 30-40feet. Therefore, respectfully screw down pushers would not really serve much of a purpose to these individuals except to make the chronograph time keeping function useless under water. I would also like to see a large minute and large seconds hand counter with a small dial to record the elapsed hours and a second samll dial to record 60 seconds. Or not:)

I second the PVD T-Graph. That would be an awesome combination with the Sharkhunter dial. Maybe limit it to 100 pieces; I'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

I can't concur with the underwater pushers. The three companies who've set the standard (and created the genre) for dive watches over the past 40+ years (Doxa, Rolex, and Omega) use screw down pushers on their current models. I could care less what Breitling or anyone else are doing; they don't have the pedigree to back it up IMO.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,195 Posts
You can't be serious...

Screw down pushers are nice for divers going to several hundred meters to give divers greater depth range, but most of the t-graphs likely sell to the recreational diver not going more than 30-40feet. Therefore, respectfully screw down pushers would not really serve much of a purpose to these individuals except to make the chronograph time keeping function useless under water.
Respectfully (and thankfully), Doxa divers were not designed for the recreational diver. If they were we'd be talking about the new Doxa 60 T-Graph and the 75 COSC Professional. Doxa would lose serious credibility if they weren't true to their roots.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: You can't be serious...

Respectfully (and thankfully), Doxa divers were not designed for the recreational diver. If they were we'd be talking about the new Doxa 60 T-Graph and the 75 COSC Professional. Doxa would lose serious credibility if they weren't true to their roots.
Originally Doxa designed the Sub series for the recreational diver.

Andy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Screw down pushers are nice for divers going to several hundred meters to give divers greater depth range, but most of the t-graphs likely sell to the recreational diver not going more than 30-40feet. Therefore, respectfully screw down pushers would not really serve much of a purpose to these individuals except to make the chronograph time keeping function useless under water. I would also like to see a large minute and large seconds hand counter with a small dial to record the elapsed hours and a second samll dial to record 60 seconds. Or not:)

I think that there are very few divers that see "several hundred meters". Most sport divers see more than "30-40feet" Gsm

·
Registered
563 Posts
I only know one diver personally who has dove over 175+ feet. 99.9 % of the rest of us dive in 30-80 ft. Not that I think Doxa should change the way the build their watches but reality is something different. Just because my watch will go down 300m doesn't mean I'm going to (or want to).

Let's face it, there are about a 1/2 dozen new-old Doxa watch model combinations we are all looking for them to make. Keep uhm coming boys!:-!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

The recent re-issue of the t-graph was limited to 500 pieces for the year. There were 250 pieces of the professional and 250 pieces of the sharkhunter. I find it hard to believe many, if any at all found their way to a diver that goes to the maximum rated depth which would necessitate the need for the screw down pushers. My point was simply to note that the vast majority of the t-graph owners/buyers only go diving recreationally. That is, not to belittle the reputation of DOXA or their fantastic history in the field of diving. It was to point out that many buyers of the t-graph do not dive as a sole means of economic support. Hence I would not categorize them as "pro" divers. However, I would say that if polled, many professional divers would welcome the ability to utilize the chronograph function while working in the water. It's a very useful feature. It would be like Omega re-making the speedmaster "moon" watch with screw in pushers to make the watch more resiliant during spacewalks/swimming etc. The point of being able to start/stop time measurement during the space walk would be lost. I have purchased several Doxas this past year. I am very pleased with all aspects of the watch and customer service. I have a t-graph sharkie and almost bought the t-graph pro, but not being able to time myself while in the water prevented me from making the second purchase. I use a Tag for that. Hopefully, Doxa will make the 2008 t-graph operational capable in the water. It's not a credibility issue. Their credibility is already set. I would enjoy any useful reply from professional divers on the forum.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My Doxa's see 200 plus feet
My deepest to date 229 feet
Work flawlessly
Haven't been diving for a little bit though, with a new little boy my finances are a little strapped now.

Peter D

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Are you serious? Do you actually think that just because the brands you mentioned, don't offer underwater pushers that underwater pushers are unnecessary? That's what it sounds like you're saying to me.

But lets take that a step further, you mention Rolex...well the last time I checked, the Daytona wasn't a dive watch.

As far as Omega goes and according to the guys over on the Omega forum, the pushers can be used underwater, at least on the Planet Ocean.

If you're talking about pioneering as legitimizing the function of underwater pushers, Doxa has already done that. The original T-graph had underwater pushers.

This underwater pusher issue is the main reason I don't own a DOXA. I seroiusly wanted the current T-graph but once I found out the pushers were screw-down, that killed it for me. Eventually I'll have a Doxa Professional but I'll never own a diver chrono that can't be used while diving.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

The recent re-issue of the t-graph was limited to 500 pieces for the year. There were 250 pieces of the professional and 250 pieces of the sharkhunter.
:oops:

There are only 250 T-Graph re-issues total of both colours combined, not 250 of each colour.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm no professional diver just use my Reissue T.Graph snorkling or in the Pool.I'd rather have the screw down pushers.I own 2 vintage T.Graph and I cannot even stick them under a water faucet without worrying about flooding them.I would like to think that in 25 yrs. if I am still around I would be able to use the reissue T.Graph under water because everything is screwed in and very water tight.I am sure advances have been made with pushers since the vintage T.Graphs so I may be wrong about screw in pushers being better long term, I am no pusher expert.I know the reissue looks very water tight with everything screwing into the watch, hopefully it will stay this way for many years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts