WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
Yesterday I was in Basel, and I had the chance to see all the different Stowa and Schauer watches.
And I saw the new watch which come in the next few weeks or months: the Marine original with black dial. it exist with arabic or roman numbers. Unfortunately, I hadn't my camera so I did not have any picture to share.

S

·
0 Posts
I will take some shots on SAT / SUN but I am sure others will too.;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts
& what is about the gold case for the Marine Orginal?
I saw it in an advertisement from Stowa in the April edition of the journal "Uhren Magazin" page 34.
Did you have seen this watch? :p

Regards
Carlos

·
Registered
237 Posts
& what is about the gold case for the Marine Orginal?
I saw it in an advertisement from Stowa in the April edition of the journal "Uhren Magazin" page 34.
Did you have seen this watch? :p

Regards
Carlos
does the golden one have a white or black dial? please show me some pics if you have some

:-!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Probably both. I would say. You can configure. Black/white/arabic/roman/brushed/polished/gold. Most basic/classic configuration, white/brushed/arabic is still my choice.

·
Registered
644 Posts
This post is almost useless without pictures ;-)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, if you take a look at the photos posted from day 3 of Baselworld, you'll find what looks to be a gold-cased Marine Original with Roman indices, powered by a Durowe movement. The caliber is difficult to make out, but looks to be a 74xx type? :-s

I'm sure a more authoritative source than me will soon have better info, but in the meantime....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=247661

·
Registered
644 Posts
Saw those. Indifferent photographs (rather like my own in that respect). And only one watch shown.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, if you take a look at the photos posted from day 3 of Baselworld, you'll find what looks to be a gold-cased Marine Original with Roman indices, powered by a Durowe movement. The caliber is difficult to make out, but looks to be a 74xx type? :-s
Yeah, I saw that. Very interesting! The Durowe movement is exciting, but it's difficult to tell if the case is gold or if that's just the colour of the lighting.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't think it's the lighting. From the Baselworld Day 3 thread, the caption of picture #20 reads: "Stowa with the Durowe movement. Jörg Schauer will use your old gold if you wish and thereby reduce the total cost of the watch!"

I just have to hunt around...my wife must have a few neglected bits of jewelry she wouldn't miss...:-d

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't think it's the lighting. From the Baselworld Day 3 thread, the caption of picture #20 reads: "Stowa with the Durowe movement. Jörg Schauer will use your old gold if you wish and thereby reduce the total cost of the watch!"
Ahhh. The captions weren't coming up on my screen for some reason. I remember Jorg posting about the gold watch option some time ago, using old gold, etc.. I'm sure I have the wedding band from my first marriage lying around somewhere... ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
You may have to get married and divorced a few more times to come up with enough for a watch case! (If I keep buying watches, I may end up with an ex myself. :oops:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts