WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JohnF an me visited Jörg at Baselworld last Saturday, we just have been there in time to take over from some French WIS (Guy67 for example; nice to meet you Guy :-!)

We also met Francois-Xavier who is moderating on PuristSPro. Years ago I met Francois-Xavier in Cologne where he bought a Meistersinger. Since then we never met. Great to see you Francois, really enjoyed our short meeting.

New to the family: Stowa Marine Black (Arabic dial / Roman dial)

There is not much to add, case and movement are identical to the Marine Original we all know.

Stowa Partito

Jörg also presented a sample of the Partito so that we could see it in the flesh.
Really a nice timepiece.;-)

Jörg mentioned that he made a limited edition for the japanese market with a handwinding ETA 2801. Now I am sad that I do not live in Japan.:-d

New to the family: Stowa Marine Rosegold

The Marine Gold comes in a 18k (750/000) solid gold case. Up to know Jörg intends to fit the Gold with the Unitas we already know, quite possible that the Marine Gold will be fitted with a fine finished Durowe 7440.

The dial will be silver 925/000, hands are blued (thermo process), a sapphire display back is a must have.

The DUROWE 7440

The last handwinding Durowe movement ever been produced was the Durowe 7438 so consequently the new Durowe will be the 7440. It is based on the Unitas 6498, the bridges have been designed and worked out by Jörg.

Up to know the Durowe 7440 is a "living project", so changes are still possible, it is a ever changing process. Jörg`s aim is to achieve an increasing creation of value by producing more and more parts in-house in Germany. Jörg mentioned screws, jewels, fine regulation maybe up to a complete in-house movement production.

As you may see from the attached pics a lot of modification and decoration can be done.

In the future it could be possible that those movements will be sold to other manufacturers too. For the near future those movements will be exclusively used by Schauer and Stowa.

All pics by Mike Stuffler and JohnF.

·
Registered
700 Posts
wonderful pictures... thanks

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Thank you for the pics. I am really excited for Jörg and his staff and the new movement. I like what they are doing.

I think the black dial MO looks sweet.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You are the best, thanks again Mike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great pictures! I am really impressed with the bridge design of the Durowe movement. I know it is a small detail, but it makes all the difference from the Unitas movement. I hope I can own one someday.:-!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Great pics Mike, thanks....:-!

Looks like Jorg has some great pieces coming out. I especially like the Marine Rosegold watch & the Durowe 7440 movement. They will be a fantastic combo.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stunning pictures of beautiful pieces. Thanks Mike.

Any production time frame discussions you were privy to?
Well, Jörg said that he will have some Durowe 7740 fitted watches ready until end of 2009. However I listened very carefully to his "experiences" with his new premises. Without the help of some very good friends he would not have managed the move in time and there is still a lot of work to do. The museum needs to be furnished, a lot of deliveries are delayed.

To cut it short: I would not be that much astonished if the first Durowe 7740 will leave the factory in the beginning of 2010. However I am pleased that the Durowe 7740 got "a face" now.:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great job, Mike. :-!

Thanks a lot for keeping us updated and sharing with us the atmosphere of Basel.

best regards,

walsh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts