WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· watchuseek.com Managing Editor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

John, Paul, George, Ringo and now Raymond. To honor its 40th anniversary, Swiss watchmaker Raymond Weil has a rather stunning new watch which I tried on yesterday afternoon. Just for managing to negotiate the deal makes this watch worth nominating. It's a watch which honors the Fab Four as much as it does the watchmaker itself. The Maestro Beatles Limited Edition features the 13 Beatles' album titles written around the bespoke dial, including a special reference to the Help album cover at 4 o'clock. The dial and the case-back both feature the official Beatles logo.

The maestro Beatles Limited Edition features a mechanical self-winding movement housed in a 39.5mm polished steel case. The silver galvanic dial matches the polished steel bracelet. It features the official Beatles logo and a date window at 3 o'clock. Finally, the case-back presents a smoked sapphire crystal that carries the official Beatles logo and the limited edition number engraved. This unique timepiece paying tribute to the legendary Fab Four is limited to 3,000 pieces.

That's the facts about the watch, but the passion behind what the watch represents may be hard to understand for those not born in, and having lived through, the Beatlemania era. I'm talking about older sisters who would get hysterical and scream even when they came on the TV, never mind appear in a concert hall. During the early 60's they were the most exciting thing that had happened to post war Britain, and they set the standard for generations to come. The watch will be issued in a limited edition of just 3000 pieces, and although it is yet to be launched it is already close to be sold out.

The £975 watch, released with the agreement of The Beatles record label Apple Records, features The Beatles official logo and a date window at the three o'clock. The logo is also present on the smoked sapphire crystal caseback with engraved limited edition number.

"We could not feel more proud to associate our brand name with the exceptional Beatles," said Raymond Weil chief executive Elie Berheim. "Raymond Weil has always been closely linked with music, our dear source of inspiration since our early days. We are overjoyed to once again honour great music legends this year and celebrate our 40th anniversary with the Fab Four."
Visit Raymond Weil

By Michael Weare, Watchuseek Editor

· Registered
10,306 Posts
Nothing wrong with the watch design. I grew up watching and listening to the Beatles. Nice watch.

But I like the Sinatra watch more which was introduced last year. Loved it, bought it and wearing it right now.

· Registered
59 Posts
Nothing wrong with the watch design. I grew up watching and listening to the Beatles. Nice watch.

But I like the Sinatra watch more which was introduced last year. Loved it, bought it and wearing it right now.
So glad I spotted the threads about this watch.

I love The Beatles and I have ordered one today.

I liked the Sinatra watch last year and ordered one. But, when it came I was disappointed and cancelled the sale. In the advertising I saw, the dial was white but on delivery it seemed more creamy and the blue pointers didn't stand out as much. Plus the blue in the advertising was more vivid, hence "Old Blue Eyes". Just my thoughts, anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.