WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were plenty of novelties from Longines this year: the Heritage flagship, the VHP, the heritage 1945, a full new line of chronometers (Record). But I have seen more new stuff on instagram that hasn't got all the press-release promotion. This one was shown by instagram user @tidssonen, I know nothing more about it maybe someone can provide details on price, reference. This one looks amazing:
bigeye.jpg

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
This one is very cool!

I, too, would like to know more!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I love the looks of it but the 3 minute incremented "big eye" will prove to be a confusing pita. Too bad.

heb

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hmm, hadn't seen this one anywhere prior to this. Looks pretty good right there. I'd like to see more pics and coverage to get a better idea about it.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
Longines is on fire! I like!

Reactions: Dale Vito

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Whoa whoa whoaaaaaa, that Heritage Chrono 1940!!!
Well now.

This watch fixes the many, many faults that people bleat and cry about when it comes to Longines.

- Its movement is likely the column-wheel 7753, as the running seconds is at '9', not the modular 2894, aka the Devil's Own Movement
- There is no lume
- There is no date, thus stopping the watch from being "destroyed"
- There are no nibbled numbers
- The case is well sized for the movement
- The hands are the right length

It's basically the same sort of watch as the Stowa chrono. But will the complainers buy it? Will they hell. And what is the reason for their fresh pain? It says "AUTOMATIC" on the dial

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can't wait to see more pics of both of these. That one pic of the 1940 is the only evidence on the web that this watch even exists. I'm guessing that Longines wanted to keep these two under wraps until a later time and didn't want them covered by the blogs for some reason. Who knows. I just know I want it and the 1945. I'd take the big eye too tbh.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Well now.

- Its movement is likely the column-wheel 7753, as the running seconds is at '9', not the modular 2894, aka the Devil's Own Movement
- There is no lume
Correct, column wheel, but I believe the hands and numerals are luminous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im not sure what what to think about the different hands for the subdials.
This is similar to some other watches like Heuer 1550sg. It is for easier distinguishing the chronograph's and running seconds hands. Speedmaster racing paints chronographs hands in orange and the rest in white. I think it's legitimate, and have no problem with it visualy.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts