·
Moderator at Large
53,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tissot Heritage 2018
The panache of the past​

30B1A534-06A1-495F-9305-C80CD38D5154.jpeg

Homage to heritage

Tissot is inspired by its great history with the elegant Tissot Heritage 2018, which looks back to a wristwatch that was part of the Tissot collection in 1943. Originally a men’s watch for the city, it was a dapper and resilient choice thanks to its case made from nickel-chromium alloy with a small second, and 27 mm calibre, a Tissot exclusivity.
Furthermore, this watch was part of the iconic Tissot Antimagnétique collection, launched in the 1930s and comprising the first non-magnetic wristwatches in the world.

A modern update

Today’s contemporary models pay tribute to the past with its design. The new Tissot Heritage 2018 adheres to the same principles as the original models but uses today’s new production technologies, for the highest possible quality. A domed dial, silver and vertically brushed with the Tissot logo of that time, reflects the past, demonstrating that attention has been paid to every single detail.
The ‘box’ type antireflective sapphire glass is more commonly seen on high-end watches, while leaf-shaped hands and a black vegetable leather strap with folding clasp and a Heritage logo will make a stylish statement. A mechanical movement with manual winding, and luxurious finishes such as the blue screws and Côtes de Genève and Heritage logo, all ensure smooth running and give a beautifully luxurious touch.

Features

 Swiss Made
 Hand-wound mechanical movement
 Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
 Water-resistance up to a pressure of 5 bar (50m/165 ft)
 316L stainless steel case with see-through caseback
 Leather strap with butterfly clasp and push-buttons
 Diameter: 42mm

·
Premium Member
20,731 Posts
That's a beautiful looking watch, but I wish it was 38mm (or even a bit smaller), instead of 42mm.

·
Registered
618 Posts
That's a beautiful looking watch, but I wish it was 38mm (or even a bit smaller), instead of 42mm.
Judging from the small second position, it probably has the Unitas movement -> wish cannot be granted.

Edit: I take it back - this is a new movement. 27mm only. Similar to a 2824!! Wonder how they managed to put the 2nd hand position so far away...

Edit++: 27mm was indeed in the original. This one screams Unitas. VERY cool.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
As I parse the whole release, nothing in there denies it being a Unitas.

it was a dapper and resilient choice thanks to its case made from nickel-chromium alloy with a small second, and 27 mm calibre, a Tissot exclusivity.
All past tense. All talking about the watch that is the inspiration for this one.

We'll have to see, but I think this is a 649x.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I 100% agree! This is a great looking watch and I want to love it, but I can't at that size.

(I am sure there will be lots of people thrilled with the size, but I am not one of those people)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I 100% agree! This is a great looking watch and I want to love it, but I can't at that size.

(I am sure there will be lots of people thrilled with the size, but I am not one of those people)
I wholeheartedly agree. Too bad. All that said, I have hopes for with what Tissot is doing with the vintage inspired line.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Obviously different price points altogether, but the styling reminds me a little bit of a Hentschel...

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Obviously different price points altogether, but the styling reminds me a little bit of a Hentschel...
Hentschel Sport...a little, but not that much. Closer to me is the Nomos At Work silvercut.

Here's the H2 Sport:

The Tissot strikes me as more industrial-factory; the Hentschel is sport-dress. Definitely not formal dress. Great watch for a scotch or bourbon and cigars night. NOT saying this because of the price points...just from the look. The Tissot...factory shift supervisor. The Hentschel...project line engineering lead. If the goal is an upscale look, which I don't believe to be the case, the big 'flaw' on the TIssot is the logo; the number font would be 2nd.

Reactions: mpalmer

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I'm generally a one model only from a brand type of buyer, but if Tissot keeps moving towards offerings related to their fine heritage such as this beauty, that buying policy is going to seriously hurt.

·
Registered
651 Posts
42mm? Damn it, Tissot.

Reactions: TDKFM

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nice looking watch, but too big for the style IMO. 38.5 would have been just right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have large wrists (8"). I love this homage and the size is absolutely perfect for me. This watch may very well find a way into my collection. Bravo Tissot!

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
27mm movement "calibre" (I take it as meaning width). Not a Unitas.
Not 27mm in this. Not at all. Seconds subdial shows it's bigger than that. Re-read the whole PR more carefully. The *original* version had a 27mm caliber. No statement on the size of the movement used here.

Reactions: harryst

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I like it! I think 40mm would have been a nice compromise, but I could pull off 42mm. Do we have any pricing yet?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts