WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
16,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If there's a re-occurring theme at the Nomos booth this year, it's all about smaller cases and bigger colors. We've already seen slight reductions in case size in the Ahoi, a trend that we're quite pleased the Club Neomatik follows. The automatic Club has always been a 40mm option, but that's been reduced to 37mm with the in-house Neomatik movement. Given Nomos' unique Bauhaus aesthetic and case design, 37 or 38mm is really their sweet spot, which you can see in the wrist shots below. Like the Ahoi, the more staid colors like cream and black are joined by a cheerful blue and that 'Signal Red,' which really jumps off the wrist, and should be absolutely perfect come summer.

And being a California native, of course I have a soft spot for the Club 'Campus' edition with the California dial. The California treatment doesn't work on every type of dial, but it works really well with Nomos' minimalist design language. They did a really nice job with this one.

I sat down with Merlin Schwertner who walked us through the rest of the Campus collection, while dropping hints about a very special announcement we'll have to share on May 20th. Give it a watch:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Would love any of these. Even at the sorta high price tag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm so thrilled they started to expand the offerings of the Neomatik movement, especially the new Ahoi Atlantik 36mm! I can't wait to try this one on in the metal. For a while the standard Ahoi was my grail watch, until I actually tried on the 51mm lug-to-lug length at a local Tourneau. This has firmly cemented the Ahoi back onto my grail list!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great stuff man, thank you.

I bought an Orion 38 from you a few years back, and would love to come down and try on a few of the new releases. When do you expect to get those in?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I sat down with Merlin Schwertner who walked us through the rest of the Campus collection, while dropping hints about a very special announcement we'll have to share on May 20th.
Please let it be a no-date Metro neomatik in the 38mm case in the normal Metro color scheme.

I would die.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nomos is killing it now. Absolutely killing it. This is a well managed company that understand how to succeed in a very tough high end market. Most other brands seem tired and unimaginative next to Nomos. At best they rehash a design that first appeared 30 or 50 years ago, call it "heritage," or change something relatively minor about their existing lineup. But Nomos? They just go for it. The Metro design is fantastic. Their new color schemes completely redefine the Ahoi and Club models. And all of this with new, totally in-house movements. And going against the clock on your wrist trend that is old and stale.

I have never bought a luxury watch new in my life. I always buy pre-owned. But with Nomos I'm about to make an exception. I love their watches, I love their company values, it's a brand I want to promote.

The only question is which Nomos to purchase!?? That is the problem with Nomos, it's very hard to decide on which watch to buy... But I have to say the new Ahoi and Club watches really appeal to me. I just need to try these on somewhere before the summer ends.

Nomos can do no wrong now. The only thing they are missing is their own forum here at watchuseek.

Reactions: WatchNRolla
1 - 8 of 8 Posts