WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about making my first trip to BASELWORLD this April. I can plan a business trip to the New York/New Jersey area, take a Thursday night flight direct to Zurich, and make a weekend of it. I have never been to Switzerland, and would rather not stay at the Hilton or Marriott (my normal hotels in the USA). Any recommendations where I can stay in Zurich to get the feel for the city and be near the train station? I am staying in Zurich because Basel is booked solid, and I can get a great fare to Zurich. I will take the train to Basel.

Thanks, worldly ones!

S

·
0 Posts
I am thinking about making my first trip to BASELWORLD this April. I can plan a business trip to the New York/New Jersey area, take a Thursday night flight direct to Zurich, and make a weekend of it. I have never been to Switzerland, and would rather not stay at the Hilton or Marriott (my normal hotels in the USA). Any recommendations where I can stay in Zurich to get the feel for the city and be near the train station? I am staying in Zurich because Basel is booked solid, and I can get a great fare to Zurich. I will take the train to Basel.

Thanks, worldly ones!
Don´t know a hotel accomodation but last year the was a bus transfer from Zurich to Baselworld directly. www.baselworld.com should mention it !

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Let us know when your plans solidify. I will be at BaselWorld this year as well and Ernie, the man behind WatchUSeek, usually is too. It's always interesting to get together at such events... :)

JohnF

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
While at Basel everyone will have to stop by and say Hi to John Patterson of Bathys Hawaii Watch Co. He will have a booth at this years show.

Stephen

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any recommendations where I can stay in Zurich to get the feel for the city and be near the train station?
Hotel Scheuble
http://www.scheuble.ch/

Small rooms, but the prices a very fair for Zuerich.
Location is near the main station and the old town.

Cheers, Ralf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts