WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Movement pics (the insides) would help. Guess based on looks: early 20th century budget Swiss.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
The "Basis" brand name was first registered in 1938 in Tecknau, Switzerland by Basis Watch/Ad.Thommen AG, makers of budget watches with simple pin-lever movements.

Regards.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This watch belonged to my grandfather, a German citizen who emigrated to Brazil in the beginning of 20th century. As a typographer, he couldn´t buy a more elaborated piece. I received it some years ago and, luckily, found a place where it was serviced. And is working very well!
For me, is a piece of family story.
Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
And again: movement pics could help to provide further information, unless you can't (or don't want to) open the watch or are satisfied with what you have now.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
This watch belonged to my grandfather, a German citizen who emigrated to Brazil in the beginning of 20th century. As a typographer, he couldn´t buy a more elaborated piece. I received it some years ago and, luckily, found a place where it was serviced. And is working very well!
For me, is a piece of family story.
Thanks for the information!
Something that is interesting: Today it is often easier to find higher valued multi-jeweled movements than it is to find well running good examples like your grandfather's watch! Treasure it as it is a treasure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And again: movement pics could help to provide further information, unless you can't (or don't want to) open the watch or are satisfied with what you have now.
Later I´ll try to open the case back and see what is there. Then i could post same pictures, also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts