WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got it... put it on a black sharkskin strap, with the deployant. Heres a couple quick pics... :thanks to John for getting these out before xmas. Happy holidays to all!

Love that ruthy dial...:gold

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congrats Steve!!!!!! :gold |> :-! It looks fantastic.......come on USPS lady!!!!!!!!! O| O| O| O| O| O| O|

Stephen

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patience IS a virtue Stephen.... and thanks, cant wait to see those 5 (for now) on yours and Sandra's wrists...;-)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Patience IS a virtue Stephen.... and thanks, cant wait to see those 5 (for now) on yours and Sandra's wrists...;-)
Yea, yea...this coming from someone that has his already!!!! LOL I know "good things come to those who wait."

So.....come on USPS lady!!!!!! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart O| O| O| O| LOL

Stephen

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Mine just arrived! I am waiting to open the box. I have to run to the store and buy a new battery for my camera. I was taking some more photos of the LM-1 earlier and the battery died. :-(

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Congratulations, I must confess the Bathy's has never floated my boat but this one has Finally got me interested:-! I respect John and admire his Lone wolf approach more every day, the watch is a beauty, so wear it well and enjoy it, as I'm sure you will.

I would imagine that this is a great gift to yourself at Christams from Hawaii.so in the spirit of that
"Mele Kalikimaka and a Haoule Makahiki Hou"

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanx Stephen - that "Ruthy reflection" on the dial is pretty unmistakable but just wanted to be sure....

Catch up with ya via email later...
Erik

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lookin' good!
Enjoy!

Steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
Aloha WUS crew,

Glad to see these are making it safe and sound.

Nice photo and love the sharkskin strap Steve. It's cool that you were able to swap the deployant over.

And I am happy to see folks liking the ruthenium grey dials. I wanted to do something that looked both high-end and a bit retro.

I am sold out of the black PVD/black dial version of the 100 Fathom automatic, but I have the UV/black, the UV/ruthenium grey, and the black/ruthenium version available in stock.

Use the promo code DROP20 to get 'em for $775 + $15 shipping.

The silver PVD versions will be here in January.

Hope everyone is doing great and settling in for a relaxing holiday.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Well the USPS lady has cometh bearing two of five gifts. |> |> <| <| <| We got Sandra's black/black |> and Stephen's black/ruthenium gray. |>

Thank goodness that one of the boxes had Sandra’s watch. All h**l would have broken loose here!!!!!!! :rodekaart O| :-D ;-) :-S :think: :-X

Here are some shots....no sun today so the shots are not that good. <|

Sandra's black/black:

with shark strap:

close up of the dial:

crown shot:

new family shot:

Stephen's black/ruthenium gray:

wrist shot:

close up of dial:

Now side by side front and back:

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the nice comments... am really liking this 'ruthy' dial combo. :)

Nice pics as always Stephen... even without the sun! :-! And I see Sandra switched the sharky over to hers as well - with the deployant or using the clasp from the rubber strap?

and John... you really did hit a home run on these ruthenium dials, especiallly offset by the black PVD. question: mine is numbered 6129 - so how do i convert that to #/# for the black/grey combo? :-S

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Nice pics as always Stephen... even without the sun! :-! And I see Sandra switched the sharky over to hers as well - with the deployant or using the clasp from the rubber strap?

and John... you really did hit a home run on these ruthenium dials, especiallly offset by the black PVD. question: mine is numbered 6129 - so how do i convert that to #/# for the black/grey combo? :-S
:thanks Steve.... Sandra loves hers. She can not use the deployment clasp. It will not make the strap small enough to fit her wrist. She is using the one that came on the sharkie.

The way you figure out the serial number is you have 6129.... 6 - year made 129 - number 129/150. I will figure out how number break down once I get all of mine. Sandra got #2/150 and it is the black/black. My black/ruthie is number 126/150.

We both agree that John hit a home run on this one!!!!! |> |> |> We are starting to call the black pvd'ed ones "stealths". Just like the F-117 and B-2. Since we have seen them both up close and resemble each other.

Stephen

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We took some more pictures of the Bathys Autos we got today.

Sandra's Black/Black "stealth" on Sharkie strap:

Sandra is wearing the tee shirt that was gift from John. Ohhh yeah also wearing the black/black "stealth" on sharkie strap:

Stephen's Black/Ruthy "stealth" on Sharkie strap:

Shot of both on the post cards that were included from John:

Better shot of the case back of the black/ruthie "stealth":

We have only had them for a few hours and have begun calling them "stealths". They remind us of the F-117, SR-71, and B-2 airplanes in looks. That is the case and case color.

Enjoy....we will get more pictures once the others arrive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts