WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha All!

Yes indeed they are here.

Here's a quick peek at the black/black one.

We are obviously very busy over here tonight - we plan to work through the night doing our QC checks, timing checks, printing invoices, and packing -everything necessary to get these into tomorrow's mail. These will all leave out Express Mail tomorrow and will arrive on the Mainland either Thurs or Friday. International orders will also go Express Mail, but this will take 5-7 days. Everyone will get emailed a tracking No...most of them tonight.

So to remind everyone...only the black and Ultraviolet PVD automatics are here and shipping out - the silver PVD automatic models should arrive just after New Years. Both flavors of the quartz will be back in stock ~March 2007.

I'll post a couple more photos at our next break in an hour or so - I'm just being an irritating tease for the moment!

Thanks for all the kind support from everyone on WUS!

mahalo,
John

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again,

Here's another pic of the 100 Fathom Automatic in black PVD with a black.

and yes Cannon, I am very happy with the deployants...here's a photo of the black one:

OK..gotta go..everyone is staring at me waiting....

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
John.......one word "Awsome". :gold :gold :gold |> |> |> :-! :-! :-! Keep up the great work!!! |>

We have a heavy heavy frost here this morning.......right now it is 27 degrees. So hurry up and get them babies into my mailbox!!!!!! ;-) :-D

:thanks for the pictures of the black/black. :-! The clasp looks great also. |> Love the look of the back of it also. |>

Stephen

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aloha Stephen,

You are getting up and we are still up! Chocolate covered coffee beans work wonders.

27 degrees though? It's 69 here and we've all got our hoodies up.

We had a brief problem because the USPS website shuts down at 4am EST, but we have filled almost all the orders and will fill the remainder and ship everything tomorrow.

The USPS lady is gonna give me the worst case of stink-eye ever! :-D...these boxes will basically fill her whole truck!

Everything looks really good - the quality is as impressive as ever.

Here's a shot of the guts, showing the ETA 2824-2 and the metal spacer ring:

I'll get some much better photos in the next few days...these were shot in extreme haste.

OK a few more things to do before I sleep....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Aloha John,

I bet the USPS lady will give you the "old stink-eye" for sure!!!! LOL :think: ;-) :-D Just give here some of the "beans" and all will be well!!!! LOL ;-)

:thanks for all the pictures. I have made copies and sent them on to Sandra at work. She loves the look of the black/black......the one she is getting....well kind of.....she will most likely wear any of mine.....well you know how it is what is yours is hers and what is hers is hers!!!! LOL :-D

69 degrees huh???? Boy......we would wish for that. Now it is 27 degrees....man hurry up I am getting frost bite!!!! LOL :think: :-D

Keep the entire "staff" pumping those "Chocolate covered coffee beans". I bet sleep will never come if you do!!!!! ;-)

Keep it tuned to KKCR and you will get it all done!!!!! :-!

Mahalo from the frosty Mailbox in Ohio,
Stephen and Sandra

·
Registered
389 Posts
John-

Sounds like you are working in a satellite office of "Santa's Workshop" located in Kauai B-)

Black on Black looks SOLID! Can't wait until they are on my wrist!

Thanks for all your hard work in getting these out today. Playing "Santa" to all of us who have ordered your watches will keep you and all of your elves spirits high and bright - albeit tired and sleepy too ;-)

Aloha braddah,

Erik
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Here's a shot of the guts, showing the ETA 2824-2 and the metal spacer ring:
Hi John,
OK, now I am confused. :-S Two weeks ago you said,
One other thing to note is that we swapped things around since ETA is dragging their ass...this first batch of automatics will have the Swiss-made Selitta SW200 movement in it. Selitta is much more responsive to the needs of a small producer like me; their movements are every bit as nice as the ETA 2824-2, perhaps 5% nicer in fact. They feature one extra jewel and a slightly longer power reserve versus the 2824-2 as well. Selitta has been the number 1 non-Swatch group consumer of ETA movements, and now that the patents are expiring, they are making virtual "clones" of the principle ETA movements. SW200 = 2824-2; SW300 = 2892; SW500 = Valjoux 7750, etc...so you'll be seeing these in more and more watches I predict. Anonimo is currently using the SW200 in several of its watches for example.

Our second batch of autos will have the ETA 2824-2, and then I expect to go back to using the Selitta. It's not that one is better than the other so much as it is a matter of supply - though I'm sure the SW200 vs 2824 has been debated and will continue to be debated. In my experience, the Selitta has a slight edge in terms of quality/accuracy; whereas the ETA definitely has the advantage in terms of familiarity.
Both are EXCELLENT at keeping time under adverse conditions - and this is what concerns me most.

mahalo,
John
Now you show a picture with an ETA 2824 25 jewel movement inside. So does this first batch have ETA movements or Selitta movements? :-S

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hi John,
OK, now I am confused. :-S Two weeks ago you said,

Now you show a picture with an ETA 2824 25 jewel movement inside. So does this first batch have ETA movements or Selitta movements? :-S
I will pick this one up for John. He was able to get ETA's into the first batch of Automatics. The Selitta SW200 will be in the second batch of Automatics.

To make a long story short.....exact quote from John on 18 Dec 2006:

"the deal on the movements was just a misunderstanding"

John already had ordered the Selitta's and someone at the factory thought they were for the first batch of Automatics. :rodekaart :oops: O|

Hope this answers your question.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks great, John.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Merry Christmas

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
That deployant looks CRAZY good......I'm looking forward to my BLK with RUTHY dial auto!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We got our order has shipped confirmation from Bathys Hawaii!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO 5 of our 7 automatics are on the way!!!! :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold |> |> |> |> |> |> :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-!

Stephen

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I will pick this one up for John. He was able to get ETA's into the first batch of Automatics. The Selitta SW200 will be in the second batch of Automatics.

To make a long story short.....exact quote from John on 18 Dec 2006:

"the deal on the movements was just a misunderstanding"

John already had ordered the Selitta's and someone at the factory thought they were for the first batch of Automatics. :rodekaart :oops: O|

Hope this answers your question.

Stephen
Thanks for the clarification Stephen. :) I am very excited about the movement going back to an ETA. I don't know, call me a movement snob but I just prefer an ETA movement although everyone says they are essentially the same thing.:-S Now lets see some pictures of the UV finish. :-!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
We got our order has shipped confirmation from Bathys Hawaii!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO 5 of our 7 automatics are on the way!!!! :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold |> |> |> |> |> |> :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-!

Stephen
you guys sure must have a lot of wrists!;-) :think: :-S :-D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( USPS just dropped off our mail for today......no boxes from Bathys Hawaii......the wait continues!!! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O|

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
An update on how shipping is going for all the Bathys Automatics. John said that he will be done today with all of them including the international shipments.

Stephen

·
Registered
389 Posts
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( USPS just dropped off our mail for today......no boxes from Bathys Hawaii......the wait continues!!! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O|

Stephen - Aloha my Bathys Braddah! It's almost 3pm and I still got a chance of mine arriving today :) :) I'll letcha know by posting/sending pics if I do :) :)

Aloha,
Erik

1 - 20 of 25 Posts