WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Everyone,

We are having a special Hawaiian Night Event at Little Treasury Jewelers on the afternoon/evening of Nov 6th and during the day on Nov 7th. I'd like to send out a special invitation to all of our supporters on WUS to come out and join us for a night of watches, Mai Tais and Aloha! I'll bring along some cool show-and-tell including our Damascus Steel watch, the infamous 'lava watch', and a few other goodies as well. Hope to have bracelet samples to show as well. Who knows, might be a NOS UV quartz or something fun like that as well...? One thing is for sure, I'll be there, probably a little buzzed on Mai Tai, and I'll be happy to show off the full line of Bathys Hawaii Timepieces to anyone who will listen.

Little Treasury is located in Gambrills MD, about halfway between Washington DC and Baltimore. Here's a link to their website and Steve, the owner, is a great guy and carries a full line of Bathys Hawaii watches.

I'll be there Friday 11/6 from 2pm until closing and on Sat 11/7 from 11am until 4pm. For me it's a very special opportunity to get off of Kauai and hang out with folks who really love watches.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
b-)

Please spread the word....

(and also for you guys in NYC, NJ and Philly, remember we've now a dealer in Philly, Martin Pulli...www.martinpulli.com - check 'em!)

·
Registered
458 Posts
This should be a great time to meet the man behind the watch, as well as other local enthusiasts. And, it is always good to know an AD.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I talked to John today....he was on the road from Nashville to DC....he has everything (Damascus, new batch of Benthic Ti's, etc) with him and the new bracelet is being fedex'ed to Little Treasury for delivery tomorrow.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Man I wish I could be there o|. Id love to see all the goodies and most of all meet all the Bathys fans, it sounds like a great time.
Hopefully this isnt the last event, one on the east coast would be awesome, Boston or New York maybe.
Make sure you take PLENTY of pics.

On a side note, iv bin researching some Mai Tai recipes, lots of different ones out there. Is there a official Bathys Mai Tai recipe John?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Got my American geography messed up, you are on the east coast. I was thinking Washington state. Either way, heres hoping its a sucsess with more down the road :-!.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I could only stay for about 30 minutes...from 2:45 to 3:15....or 1:20 there, 1:30 back...for 30 minutes...

It was good to see John, Stephan and his wife, and all of the people from Little Treasury. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to be home by 5.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Well the Bathys event at Little Treasury was a huge hit. A lot of folks turned out....it was great meeting everyone that showed up! :-!

I would like to thank Linda and Steve and all the employees of Little Treasury for being fantastic hosts! They all went out of the way to make all of us feel right at home. Of course thanks also goes out to Dr. John Patterson coming to the mainland to talk story and show off some neat stuff.

Here are the pics from the event:

http://picasaweb.google.com/04lund2025/BathysHawaiiLittleTreasuryEvent67Nov2009?feat=directlink

Shots of the Damascus prototype:

http://picasaweb.google.com/04lund2025/BathysHawaiiDamascusPrototype?feat=directlink

Shots of the prototype bracelet.....man it looks much better in person than in the pictures I took:

http://picasaweb.google.com/04lund2025/BathysHawaiiBraceletPrototype?feat=directlink

Shots of the RFI prototype:

http://picasaweb.google.com/04lund2025/BathysHawaiiRFIWatch?feat=directlink

Stephen

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wow, you sure came thew with the pics Stephen, thanks :-!.

The Damascus prototype looks good :-!, although id like to see a MOP dial on it. But a prototype is just that, a prototype. Looking forward to seeing the finished product someday.

The bracelet looks interesting, would like to see it less polished.

Did John give any info on the RFI caseback? I like it, hopefully they make their way onto some watches soon, loose out on the islands though :-(.

Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, Stephen! Damascus looks fantastic, but the bracelet isn't quite what I was expecting. Looks like it was a great event though!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, Stephen! Damascus looks fantastic, but the bracelet isn't quite what I was expecting. Looks like it was a great event though!
I agree regarding the bracelet. I thought it would be a much better match to the finish of the watch and the lugs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures. I had to be out of town with family and could not make it so it was great seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Guys,

John had two of the same bracelet handed to him. I would wait until John posts up pictures of both of them. The watch in my pictures is my 1st gen PVD Silver Auto.

BTW, in person the finish looked really close. So....you guys are picking on my photography skills.....huh???? :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d Just Kidding!!! ;-)

Halifax....John covered the RFI watch. It was going to come with a usb port case that when you hook up to your computer you could store about 2k of data on it. He was thinking of military use, door access use, or personnel info to get the watch returned to you if it gets lost or stolen. I remember when he first talked about doing this watch and found it very interesting.....I would agree no islands???? It is not a Bathys with out'em!!! ;-)

I would not look for one anytime soon.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Thanks for the update Stephen.
The bracelet looks good, I just find it odd seeing one on a Bathys, it may take some getting used to. If anything I think they will look best on Benthics.
I find the RFI project interesting, I guess time will tell if it ever makes in on a Bathys line. It would be a shame to loose the islands, maybe he can work the RFI into a strap :-d.

Either way its great to hear of Bathys projects again |>.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great pics Stephen. Looks like the gtg was fun and everybody got lei'd. Were there any good deals to be had? I'd like to see that damascus Benthic in person, as I bet it was awsome! I have some damascus knives that are cool and it'd be great to have a matching watch. :-d

·
Vendor
94 Posts

I think the bracelet looks great. The prototypes arrived with finishes not quite the way John had specified them and our jeweler polished the sides and brushed the top to closer approximate what John had in mind.

Oh, yes, good deals were to be had. Happy campers Ernest and Amanda, below, bought two and won one. And note goody chapeaux.

More to come,

Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts