WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
There was an official thread about this watch a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people made fun of the looks, but it's worth to remember this is a proof of concept. Style is the last thing they have in mind at this point. I was one of the people to joke about it on the thread, but honestly, it's really cool to see a company pushing the envelope on a new technology.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
Seems like the pursuit of something no one wants or cares about. Let's review. It movers accuracy a few more decimal places over existing technology to the point it would take a high tech lab it measure it. It still needs to be set via a confirm timing source which is something that current Atomic type watches do and correct for daily. Battery changes require resets. It does not have advanced calendar function, or self correction for time changes. No way to tell its actually functioning correctly unless it has measurable loses. It's price is extravagantly high with little really gained. Sounds more like a government project, than something a small watch company that makes surfer watches would take on. I'm more interested in things like Seiko's new satellite watch that knows where you are in the world and adjust the time so it is correct for that location. The extra few decimal places won't help much.

Seems like there should be a concept drawing for something that you are announcing a price for?

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Seem like the pursuit of something no one wants or cares about. Let's review. It movers accuracy a few more decimal places over existing technology to the point it would take a high tech lab it measure it. It still needs to be set via a confirm timing source which is something that current Atomic type watches do and correct for daily. Battery changes require resets. It does not have advanced calendar function, or self correction for time changes. It's accuracy is beyond ones ability to measure if it is not performing to standard any better than other HEQ watch. It's price is extravagantly high with little really gained. Sounds more like a government project, than something a small watch company that makes surfer watches would take on. I'm more interested in things like Seiko's new satellite watch that knows where you are in the world and adjust the time so it is correct for that location. The extra few decimal places won't help much.

Seems like there should be a concept drawing for something that you are announcing a price for?
+1
Just an interesting prototype, but practically useless.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
"Grrrr, my Bathys Celsium 133 just gained 3 seconds in 1,000 years. Should I have it serviced?"

Reactions: little big feather

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Ok...You think it's cool now....But just wait till one goes critical!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts