WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MM has been lying in a drawer since its battery went kaput a few months back. I'm aching to get it going. What can I say? I miss the hunk of shiny watch tech on my wrist So, has anyone opened it up? What battery does it take? There are no Sector agents around Vancouver afaik....
(just to catch your eye if you're a MM owner)

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
There is no harm in opening it up ahead of time before buying a battery. Besides once you open it, then you will know what it takes. My guess is it will need an AC reset to reset the electronics in it. That has to be done on Casio digital's and I assume other digital watches as well.

A battery change is no big deal. Although, if the watch has some age to it, re lubing the gasket "O" ring with Silicone grease is cheap insurance to prevent water ingress.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I need to get a smaller screwdriver but I'll be interested to see what's in there...

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
I just looked at some images and it appears to be a back plate that has four screws not unlike a Casio. I find My Home Depot HD-74501 small screwdriver set helps me with small watch screws. It has the #0, #00, #000 size in Phillips tips. That set does not appear to be available anymore. This one has those size tips and it is cheap.

Husky 8-in-1 Precision Slotted and Philips Screwdriver Set-71281H - The Home Depot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts