WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iI read someware that if a battery is changed on a G that water resistance can no longer be assured. Is this true? Why?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The only way to really assure it with any watch is to have it tested. Some places that change batteries offer this service (at a price). I change my own batteries and I'm confident they're sufficiently water resistant afterwards, however, if I changed one for somebody else I wouldn't guarantee it, so as not to be held responsible if anything went wrong.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well I don't agree with that statement, providing the correct procedures are carried out when re-sealing the case, e.g. silicon grease on the O ring etc, I can't see that the Water Resistance would be affected. :think:

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Like Lexxorcist, I change my own.. And like Mike, I inspect the seal, treat it with silicon and take care to do things right. And I trust the water resistance on my own work.

One more tip, dont touch the surface of the battery. I always wear surgical gloves when working with watch guts... :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

Another question: If you have your watch pressure tested and it fails the test does that mean that the watch got wet inside and does it ruin it?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
No. Not if its tested correctly.. although what you describe is one way LOL...

When you have your watch pressure tested its actually "reverse" pressurized... Water doesnt leak into your watch in the chamber, rather air will leak out... and bubble will be present.

SEE HERE

OR HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts