WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I (re)ran into this site again last night, and I though I'd share. Lots of different G's having their battery replaced with action shots so you know what to expect.

http://mr-coo.com/battery/casio/casio.html

·
Registered
503 Posts
Someone put a lot ofr time into making that site.:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Very useful. This is where I located the Battery number for my wifes watch.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
*bump*

I know that this is an older thread, but the link that DJ posted (in this thread) came in handy as I was changing the CR2016 battery on my DW-002.

Thank you, DJ !! :-!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I stumbled upon this thread but even if it was an old thread, still find it very useful.

Cool JDM G-shocks and Protreks not to mention. Proud to own a PRT-40SJ-7T Protrek (1471). The only problem is it's acting up due to a dead/dying battery.

·
Registered
96 Posts
this seems like a watch shop...

a pity my friend's Protrek PAT2GP-1V Satelite NAVI wasn't listed. and he's misplaced it now :D

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
Very useful indeed, thanks for posting. :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Can we sticky this or put it in a resource location? Excellent info!
The same thought occurred to me yesterday, but your comment this morning prompted me to actually do it. If my fellow mods think we are better served moving it to a resource location, feel free to take the necessary action.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The PRT series in that website seem to be rare. I haven't seen some of them...Well, at least if ever we encounter those old protreks, we would know how to take them apart for a new battery.

EDIT: Now I know why my PRT-40 beeps are not present. It turns out that the [email protected] alarm springs are a PAIR. Not just one spring. I only saw one on my PRT-40. Alarm works but it's too weak. The tech who changed my batteries last year will REALLY be in big trouble when I find him...LOL

I
Image from:
http://akiyose.com/battery-exchange/casio/pro-trek/prt40-1471-2.html

Now I know. LOL Have to dissect my old calculator watch and take the spring out of it and slap it in my PRT-40.

The other problem is, there are no instructions on how to take the movement out because the site author says, there are sensors attached to the movement that's why he didn't dare strip the module out of the case. There's a small speck of dust or whatever on my screen and I want to get it out.

Thanks for sharing this. I really got some knowledge about my Protrek. I was about to give up on the alarms..But now I have some hope. :)

UPDATE: I was able to take the module out of the case. Just be careful of the ribbon cable that connects the module to the pressure sensor. Slightly lift up the module from the RIGHT where the bearing sensor is (the black part with a copper coil inside)

then when the module is out of the case, slowly lift it up. (as you lift the module, take a look on how the ribbon cable is housed in the sensor hole) take extra care not to apply force or pull on the ribbon cable. this will cause your PRT-40 to display error messages when trying to use the Baro or Alti. Then clean your display. When putting it back, again, I keep emphasizing this BE CAREFUL on putting the module back (make sure you align the ribbon cable the way it was put in the sensor housing.) Then use a needle to align the buttons so that the module will fit snugly into the case and you will have no stuck buttons.

Hope this helps all PRT-40 owners out there. :-!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've also figured out that you can remove the sensor cable. Just unscrew the sensor bracket. (the gold flat headed screw)

Just do this without batteries on the module. If you this with the batteries attached, it may cause the sensor to give faulty readings or the "ERR" message

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
really great info but didn't see how to change mudman battery or solar batteries.

still very much apprecaited for the post.

·
Registered
213 Posts
really great info but didn't see how to change mudman battery or solar batteries.

still very much apprecaited for the post.

Changing solar batteries are pretty much the same as the regular lithium powered Gs. The only thing you need to watch out for are those pesky little contact springs for case-intrusion detection (you lose this spring and you get the scary "OPEN" message that disables all your buttons.) and the solar panel contact springs (you lose these springs and the solar panel will NOT charge the battery.). So opening casebacks of solar Gs needs extra caution. The best thing is to work slowly and take your time. Most importantly, DO NOT turn the watch over to check if its working after a solar battery replacement as the springs can fall out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts