WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what happens but the Protrek usually goes from High to Medium, even if I dont use the sensors a lot...what's going on then? maybe the Sensors are working full time?:roll: help! :)
Dankis
Batman

·
Registered
797 Posts
How much EL Light are you using? The barometric sensor is constantly in use every 2 hours or so, but it does not use significant amount of battery.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much EL Light are you using? The barometric sensor is constantly in use every 2 hours or so, but it does not use significant amount of battery.
I am not using the El Light a lot...today I took a walk and I charged the Protrek during 5 minutes exposing it to the solar rays...and it's on High again maybe it needed the solar light and not the fluorescent one:)

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I am not using the El Light a lot...today I took a walk and I charged the Protrek during 5 minutes exposing it to the solar rays...and it's on High again maybe it needed the solar light and not the fluorescent one:)
well, 5 minutes is not very long to charge the solar battery. I would suggest to put the watch on a windowsill turned to south and just leave it there for one or two days. I use my EL, compass and thermometer quite often but since I fully charged it once this year in april or may (!!!), the battery indicator has never changed from high to medium.

but since the charching scale is cut into three positions only (low, mid, high) it is possible that the battery charge can only reach 66%, even when it shows "high".

regards, holger

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, 5 minutes is not very long to charge the solar battery. I would suggest to put the watch on a windowsill turned to south and just leave it there for one or two days. I use my EL, compass and thermometer quite often but since I fully charged it once this year in april or may (!!!), the battery indicator has never changed from high to medium.

but since the charching scale is cut into three positions only (low, mid, high) it is possible that the battery charge can only reach 66%, even when it shows "high".

regards, holger
Thanks, then Ill do what you told me;-)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I dont know what happens but the Protrek usually goes from High to Medium, even if I dont use the sensors a lot...what's going on then? maybe the Sensors are working full time?:roll: help! :)
Dankis
Batman
Sounds like a BAD cell not holding a charge !! OR your not giving it enough light if its solar !!! my 2 cents :-!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a BAD cell not holding a charge !! OR your not giving it enough light if its solar !!! my 2 cents :-!
The cell is perfect, it's a nice watch I think it has not enough charge since I spend most of the time at home, but at this moment it's showing "High"
Thanks pal
Batman:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hello Batman,
I think the question you raised has had a similiar topic before. I think Sjors with his Chemistry back ground explained it better. Basically, the batteries have materials inside which are not like light switches.;-) What that means is, when you charge and then stop chargeing (causing "movement" within the battery) things inside will take a while to adjust. So you might see "high" on the indicator for a while, then it settles down to med.

A similiar effect occurs when I charge my walkman/mobile phone/mp3 player etc.. Initially after unplugging from the charger, I get a full indication. Then when I play some music/adjust functions the level drops.
After additional charging, then it can return and stay at full charge for the usual period of time (idicating a true full charge).

It sounds like a similiar thing with your protrek.|>

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Batman,
I think the question you raised has had a similiar topic before. I think Sjors with his Chemistry back ground explained it better. Basically, the batteries have materials inside which are not like light switches.;-) What that means is, when you charge and then stop chargeing (causing "movement" within the battery) things inside will take a while to adjust. So you might see "high" on the indicator for a while, then it settles down to med.

A similiar effect occurs when I charge my walkman/mobile phone/mp3 player etc.. Initially after unplugging from the charger, I get a full indication. Then when I play some music/adjust functions the level drops.
After additional charging, then it can return and stay at full charge for the usual period of time (idicating a true full charge).

Thankies pal!:)
Batman

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hello Batman,

Manual for the G-Shock I have says the same thing (minus the little things moving around in the rechargeable cell bit; they don't get into details as to why this is so):

Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.