WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a seiko 150 sports chronograph and after i replaced battery, all the chrono hands and alarm etc will not stop spinning wildly, even after resetting circuit and shorting out and when crown is out, nothing will stop this only removing battery. whats gone wrong??:-s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sorry , only just seen your suggestion, i will try now and let you know, thanks, jim. hi i left for an hour now and replaced and its still the same, all hands whizzing round

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Weird - All I would try personally is, as a last resort: holding every button down in turn at the same time you're inserting the battery and re-checking operation.

It's possible you could have zapped it with ESD , but unlikely in my view.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
I wonde if some sand or grit has gotten between the pushers and the electronic switches holding at least one of them in and permanetly on. The fix would involve removing the movement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how hard is it to remove the movement ? could i do it myself do you think or is it for jeweller to do ?

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Is the chrono expensive or sentiment? Another good reason to buy a new watch. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not really but i collect watches so i like to have em all working, ah well never mind, thanks for your help mate.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
bit of a comedian are we ???? i think not.
No, not trying stand-up or sit-down comedy. I take it that you really are not looking for a way to fix your watch but only to post poorly thought out responses. Yes a movement can be removed without much difficulty or skill involved if one is careful. It can also be done by a watch repairman.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
No, not trying stand-up or sit-down comedy. I take it that you really are not looking for a way to fix your watch but only to post poorly thought out responses. Yes a movement can be removed without much difficulty or skill involved if one is careful. It can also be done by a watch repairman.
I think he meant wwarren.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts