WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I opened a Casio WW-31, a very simple and old digital watch from 1984 very much alike F-91W (click for bigger pic)

Now I wonder what the heck should I do to remove the battery cover??? it's a flimsy thing so I probably damaged the watch with unsuccessful attemps. :-|

I'm lucky it's just a keepsake and I don't really need it working.
But I think I will go to the watchmaker for my G-Shocks.... so much for people saying a battery swap is painless and a matter of 5 minutes o|o|o| it can turn out quite frustrating and destructive indeed :-x

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Try to remove the module out of the case, you may have some ideas when you can take a look at the whole thing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It does look similar to the F-91W in which case there are 4 levers holding the battery cover in place, and they can be gently pried open once the module is out of the case; and don't despair, this arrangement is the exception rather than the norm and on the vast majority of G's changing the battery is indeed quite painless and there is no need to remove the modules at all.

Refer to this F-91W battery change tutorial for more info/pics:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/f-91w-batttery-change-410351.html

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I was looking for the same thread that Watchphile linked, but I was just a little slower! :-!

The inside of the WW-31 looks a LOT like the eleventh picture in the F-91 battery change thread, that shows that "inside back" piece.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try to remove the module out of the case, you may have some ideas when you can take a look at the whole thing.
I accidentally did it... I pulled a tab to see what will happen, and it came out. Then I stopped because I'm quite ham fisted with this small delicate things.

It does look similar to the F-91W in which case there are 4 levers holding the battery cover in place, and they can be gently pried open once the module is out of the case; and don't despair, this arrangement is the exception rather than the norm and on the vast majority of G's changing the battery is indeed quite painless and there is no need to remove the modules at all.

Refer to this F-91W battery change tutorial for more info/pics:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/f-91w-batttery-change-410351.html
They are almost identical, indeed thanks!!! :-!
I probably messed up the poor thing... but at least I tried.
And the most important thing is that G's battery are easier to replace. Reading the other thread about G's battery replacement confirmed that watch shops often won't do it properly so there is no "safe" option... indeed last time I went to a jewelery shop for battery replacement the owner lost the alarm spring of my Seiko watch :-(

I was looking for the same thread that Watchphile linked, but I was just a little slower! :-!

The inside of the WW-31 looks a LOT like the eleventh picture in the F-91 battery change thread, that shows that "inside back" piece.
Yep, indeed! Thanks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts