WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm rarely happy with the way a watch looks in stock form, so i played a bit of "musical bands".
i really like the way these 3 turned out.
observe:

first is the red and black aw591. the origonal band shows up in the last (and imo best) pic. stock was too much red and i love the tire tread band.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
next is the white aw591 with a blue jelly band that i dyed a bit darker.
i like the different look i get from the classic style band. harkens back to a classic diver.
and last we have the black and red aw591. the best imo... i used the band from the first watch. *edit: the pics got mixed around but you get the idea.*

redblack.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
another thing i forgot:
the first watch (red bezel) now has a module with a red hour hand.
ya see, the watch was an ebay find and i noticed the minute hand was skipping at a certain point of the hour. it seemed loose.
i tore it down and opened the gearbox (don't ever do this and expect to keep your sanity) and eventually found that one of the gears had a broken tooth. the module was trashed- it must have taken a hard hit or there was a factory glitch.
i threw in a proven module from a plain jane aw591 that had a red hour hand and the watch looks even better!
fyi: if you ever saw those gears, you would wonder how g's could be so tough. tiny little plastic things...but they work!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the black/white one (last pic) a lot!!!
thank you.
that's actually a light blue jelly band that i dipped into some navy die for about a minute to darken it just a bit.
it's not a normal 5600 series band in that the "ribs" are very tall. the tall ribs make the head of the watch look smaller on the arm and give the watch a classic diver look (imho).
from a distance it looks pretty dark but when light hits it, the blue really wakes up nicely.
thanks again. i like to post these pics to give you folks an idea of what to expect from such band changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts