WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,604 Posts
Thanks for the comparison and food for thought. I have often thought which one Id go for if I were in a position to do so.

I like them both but what I dont like about GS is the lack of lume. So between the 2 Id get the Chronomaster.

The white / cream / champagne dial looks good but I prefer Black dials - then the only thing bothering me is that Citizen use a white date wheel on the Black chronomaster. Not really a deal breaker for me although I think a black date wheel would be more fitting.

Theres a Black date wheel on the eco drive variants I think - I like eco drive but I think the power reserve indicators on these models look unsightly and more to the point they are unnecessary on an eco drive watch...

· Registered
3,604 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenno

I don't mind the power reserve indicators but they have now introduced Eco-Drive models without them:

Interesting - that looks nice but like the GS, wheres the lume ? - all I need is one with a black dial and black date wheel and lume ! and I might have to start saving! Is there such a beast ? I can do my own research but if you happen to know GlennO ?...

· Registered
3,604 Posts
Good informative comparison. Have one question. Does the second hand hits the mark perfectly for both of the watches. Heard that GS had better alignment than Citizen. Tq
Indeed they both hit perfect
I see that Seiko have made life difficult for themselves in this regard in that they put the minute markers on the dial making any discrepancy regarding the second hand hitting the minute markers more noticeable than if the minute markers were in the rehaute like on the Citizen.

I owned the Excalibur which is a watch that can be had for around £140. It also has the chapter ring on the dial and was I was impressed that the second hand hit all the markers.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Indeed this £28 Lorus is capable of it

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Regardless of that I would choose the Citizen between the two. I prefer the lighter coloured textured dial and the smaller crown and crown guards in addition to the reasons given by jdmfetish

Reactions: jdmfetish
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.