WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Both are excellent choices. I prefer the cleaner look of the GS with no lume for wearing to work. I have sport watches with stellar lume for non-office hours. The features on The Citizen are admirable though. Difficult choice.
There are some non-lume Citizens, discontinued but still in stock at a number of suppliers.

And quite a few Eco-Drive models without lume:

I like eco drive but I think the power reserve indicators on these models look unsightly and more to the point they are unnecessary on an eco drive watch...
I don't mind the power reserve indicators but they have now introduced Eco-Drive models without them:

I had seen elsewhere that the Citizen date cuts over crisply at exactly midnight. The Seiko casually rolls over several minutes later.
Not quite, The Citizen (A660, A010 & A060) rolls over smoothly at exactly midnight, all of the Seiko 9F movements snap over in the blink of an eye, usually at 5 to 7 minutes past midnight.

· Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Munchie;20508594Interesting - that looks nice but like the GS said:
lume[/U] ! and I might have to start saving! Is there such a beast ? I can do my own research but if you happen to know GlennO ?...
What model is that? I'd love to see one in titanium. But I do like the nicer bracelet with the polished edges on the center link..
All of the Eco-Drive models can be seen here. Google Chrome provides the easiest way to translate:

ザ・シãƒ�ズン 高精度エコ・ドライãƒ-ï¼»CITIZEN-ã‚·ãƒ�ズン腕時計]

There are black dial, black date models with lume but to date all have power reserve indicators. Only 2 models without indicators (AQ4000), both stainless steel. No doubt there will be new models in the future but Citizen tends to take their time with these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.