WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. In excellent condition, just cleaned by my NYC watchsmith, is a 42mm Chronograph with full calendar moon phase, with an absolutely stunning movement viewed through the sapphire crystal - a truly classic timepiece.

Description:
This traditionally and opulently finished chronograph is equipped with a high-end mechanical self-winding movement driving indications of a complete calendar (date with central pointer in 18-carat red gold, day and month through a window at 12 o'clock, moon phase at 6 o'clock) and 24h indicator at 9 o'clock. The silver-colored dial with a “grain d'orge” guilloché décor is graced with circular snailed and sun satin-finished counters. The case-back reveals an oscillating weight adorned with “Côtes de Genève”, as well as circular-grained bridges and blued steel screws. The crown proudly bears the Phi symbol.

I have had this in my drawer for years and finally just had it professionally serviced for sale. I do not have box or papers, I lost them but it was never under warranty. The strap is either black or a very dark brown, but it looks black.

Asking $1750 shipped/insured

There is a micro ding or a scratch on the edge of the bezel at the 25minute mark, but it's very slight. You can see it in the pictures. See pictures for full condition:
20180813_125355.jpg
20180813_125432.jpg 20180813_125235.jpg 20180813_125338.jpg 20180813_125349.jpg 20180813_125420.jpg

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP BUMP

PS i am going to be away for 3 weeks after this week so I'm checking my PMs daily if anyone is interested

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
this watch is still available. To answer some questions: I do not have a service receipt, it was serviced by a watchmaker with a booth in 66 W 47th street here locally for me.
I required him to provide me with the old, replaced part which he obliged. It was a single 2mm micro tube with gears at the end which he wrote "BROKEN WHEEL" on. I'll post a pic if you really know watch parts - my understanding is that the shaft part that transfers power from the mainspring was misaligned, but he just went ahead and replaced it cause why not.

he thought it had been dropped, I have no recollection of the same ever, but i'm kind of a bull in a china shop kind of dude so maybe my jerky motions did it. I never really wore it TBH so I suspect I received this issue from prior owner and it finally came to fruition in my hands.

is that enough full disclosure!??! Contact me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts