WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BB58 bezel was a hair off center so I took it apart and fixed it. I also was curious about how it locked in a bit tighter in the 12:00 position. I thought I would share some pictures of the watch with the bezel off/apart. Makes me want a BB36 with this dial. Note - I tend to impulsively try to fix things that might ought to be dealt with by professionals. I am not a watch mechanic. Please do not use my pictures as instructions on how to do this. I did a small amount of aesthetic damage to the case and am probably lucky I didn't break the insert.

Dumb4.jpg Dumb1.jpg Dumb3.jpg Dumb2.jpg

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts
My BB58 bezel was a hair off center so I took it apart and fixed it. I also was curious about how it locked in a bit tighter in the 12:00 position. I thought I would share some pictures of the watch with the bezel off/apart. Makes me want a BB36 with this dial. Note - I tend to impulsively try to fix things that might ought to be dealt with by professionals. I am not a watch mechanic. Please do not use my pictures as instructions on how to do this. I did a small amount of aesthetic damage to the case and am probably lucky I didn't break the insert.
Yup. You're also lucky that you didn't lose the tiny little springs. Does the bezel become loose after you've reinstated it, or do you feel it is the same?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
A before & after picture would have been great. :-!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. You're also lucky that you didn't lose the tiny little springs. Does the bezel become loose after you've reinstated it, or do you feel it is the same?
It feels the same. Was stiff for the first few revolutions but went back to normal. The bezel insert was tough to pop out. I took the whole thing apart a second time and it was much easier to pop out. Makes me wonder if the gunk I cleaned out from the groove the insert snaps in was a mild adhesive. It doesn't appear to be bent.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Were you able to fix the off center issue?

·
Registered
68 Posts
do all of the bezels on the tudors have the 'lock-in' at 12 or is that feature specific to the BB58? and can you explain how it works if you figured it out? I don't want to make false assumptions based on the pictures.

I agree with you on the BB 36! It's a great look!

I learned at a young age not to take things apart when I used to play mechanic with my bicycles...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What tool did you use to remove the bezel? You should make a video!!
The first time I used the metal pry tool that comes with cheap watch repair kits and it dented the case a little. The second time I used a plastic pry tool I found in the automotive tool section at harbor freight, and that worked great.
I wish I could make a video. I'm am really terrible at that stuff though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do all of the bezels on the tudors have the 'lock-in' at 12 or is that feature specific to the BB58? and can you explain how it works if you figured it out? I don't want to make false assumptions based on the pictures.

I agree with you on the BB 36! It's a great look!

I learned at a young age not to take things apart when I used to play mechanic with my bicycles...
I was not able to figure out exactly how the 12:00 thing worked. I have no idea if other Tudor watches do it too.
Regarding the bike thing, I took my bike apart too, but didn't learn my lesson. Broke lots of bike parts, did become a bike mechanic many years later.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow thats great. Thanks for sharing.

So there are also 4 small springs that seat into the case holes?
Three small springs under a metal washer like thing. The thing at the 9:00 position is the clicker. I watched a few videos of people removing Submariner bezels because I figured Tudor might use a similar design, but it was really different.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts