WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that 12 hours a day of wear isn't keeping it charged. There's something about natural arm movements it doesn't like. That being said, on a winder with 1200 turns/day it keeps time to 5 seconds a week.

Back to the age old question, is it OK to give it 20 turns of the crown in the morning? I can tell by how easily the crown turns that them mainspring is nearly unwound.

·
Registered
14,975 Posts
My Oris with the SW-200 has had to be serviced twice now for power reserve problems. I love Oris, but I don't love Sellita.

·
Premium Member
73,823 Posts
The SW220 isn't the most efficient of energy convertors. My SW220 based Titan used to stop from time to time when I was wearing it all the time and I got into the habit of giving it a little twirl each evening to top it up.

·
Registered
14,975 Posts
The SW220 isn't the most efficient of energy convertors. My SW220 based Titan used to stop from time to time when I was wearing it all the time and I got into the habit of giving it a little twirl each evening to top it up.
People can rationalize the loss of ETA availability all they want. Sellita just doesn't make as good of a movement. Which, if you think about it, is sort of pitiful considering it's a copy.

There's my rant and I'm done.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
People can rationalize the loss of ETA availability all they want. Sellita just doesn't make as good of a movement. Which, if you think about it, is sort of pitiful considering it's a copy.

There's my rant and I'm done.
I have to disagree with you on this one. I have three Oris (two with ETA movements and one with Sellita) and the Sellita is definitely the most accurate and has the least amount of variance of the three. It's also more accurate than any of the in-house or ETA based COSC movements I have in much more expensive watches. I have absolutely no hesitation when it comes to buying Sellita based watches.

There are specific reasons that comparable grade Sellita movements perform better and are better quality than those from ETA (which I've gleaned from various credible sources). Sellita movements aren't simply clones of ETA... they actually have design and materials improvements that make the time tested ETA movements even better. I once read a technical comparison that stated (paraphrasing) that Sellita movements are what ETA movements would be if ETA was designing them today. Here's an interesting article that's a tear-down and performance comparison between the ETA 2824-2 and the Sellita SW200 that pretty much says it all in terms of materials quality and performance. Clone Wars: Sellita SW200 vs. ETA 2824-2

·
Premium Member
73,823 Posts
My SW200s have never missed a beat (no pun intended) but I only wish I could say the same for my Titan's SW220.

·
Registered
14,975 Posts
I've only had bad luck with Sellita. To top it off, they never can be properly fixed. They come back running fine and then it just goes to hell soon after. Call me unlucky, but I avoid them now, which is a real bummer since I love Oris. I actually look at Oris and consider the cost of dumping the Sellita as cost of ownership now. I'm looking for someone to switch out my ProDiver movement for me, today actually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts