WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to tell you about my nightmare with Gnomon Watches.

All this started more than 7 months ago, when I noticed that my Damasko was not wearing the crown well, it was still under warranty and I contacted Gnomon. They told me yes, he was still under warranty and could send it to them.

They gave me an address, I went to my post office and sent the watch (only the head without parts or boxes as indicated) and in about 2 weeks they replied that they had received the watch without problems and that they were going to proceed with the revision .

After 2 weeks they tell me that everything is checked and perfect and that they will send it back to me on January 2 with DHL. On January 5, DHL tells me that they have stopped my watch and they do not believe that it is a product from warranty. Here my nightmare begins.

I tell them that the watch is mine, that it is not a purchase, that it comes from revision, and they say no, that I have to provide documents, I tell them that Gnomon must have attached some document in the shipment, that they are professionals . They tell me no. I call Gnomon and they tell me that they are not responsible for my problems with customs. Problems? Mine? I've done? the clock is stopped in DHL for 2 months and then they return it to Gnomon again, they tell me that they are going to send it again and my surprise is ... that they send it back to DHL !!

I tell them that the watch is mine, that it is not a purchase, that it comes from revision, and they say no, that I have to provide documents, I tell them that Gnomon must have attached some document in the shipment, that they are professionals . They tell me no. I call Gnomon and they tell me that they are not responsible for my problems with customs. Problems? Mine? I've done? the watch is stopped in DHL for 2 months and then they return it to Gnomon again, they tell me that they are going to send it again and my surprise is ... that they send it back to DHL !!

After 5 days DHL calls me and informs me that they have a package held for me from a purchase of a watch. what buy? I tell you, I have not bought anything! back the same story,

From here on, 5 months of nightmare, they asking me for papers and requirements. To finally get home MY WATCH after 5 months with a fine of 700$. I ask why??, and they tell me that Gnomon Watches declared a false amount and that is an attempt to scam customs and carries a fine. I tell them that I am not going to pay because of a problem with Gnomon Watches and they have kept my watch.

All this time, 7 long months, whenever I wrote to Gnomon, a man named Justín wrote me and told me that it was not his problem. I have felt helpless and scammed by Gnomon, I have lost my watch for having sent it as they have requested under my responsibility (the one-way shipment)

Please, run away from this shop of unprofessional scammers. I have been in the world of watches for 20 years and I have never seen anything like it.

I have lost my watch, but I hope they feel the weight of the entire watchfans community.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Jeebus! All Gnomon has to do <it would seem> is to mark the package "Warranty Return." (Plus it is the truth)
How much effort does THAT take !!!!!

Reactions: zorg292 and adryens

·
Vendor
17 Posts
I'm going to tell you about my nightmare with Gnomon Watches.

All this started more than 7 months ago, when I noticed that my Damasko was not wearing the crown well, it was still under warranty and I contacted Gnomon. They told me yes, he was still under warranty and could send it to them.

They gave me an address, I went to my post office and sent the watch (only the head without parts or boxes as indicated) and in about 2 weeks they replied that they had received the watch without problems and that they were going to proceed with the revision .

After 2 weeks they tell me that everything is checked and perfect and that they will send it back to me on January 2 with DHL. On January 5, DHL tells me that they have stopped my watch and they do not believe that it is a product from warranty. Here my nightmare begins.

I tell them that the watch is mine, that it is not a purchase, that it comes from revision, and they say no, that I have to provide documents, I tell them that Gnomon must have attached some document in the shipment, that they are professionals . They tell me no. I call Gnomon and they tell me that they are not responsible for my problems with customs. Problems? Mine? I've done? the clock is stopped in DHL for 2 months and then they return it to Gnomon again, they tell me that they are going to send it again and my surprise is ... that they send it back to DHL !!

I tell them that the watch is mine, that it is not a purchase, that it comes from revision, and they say no, that I have to provide documents, I tell them that Gnomon must have attached some document in the shipment, that they are professionals . They tell me no. I call Gnomon and they tell me that they are not responsible for my problems with customs. Problems? Mine? I've done? the watch is stopped in DHL for 2 months and then they return it to Gnomon again, they tell me that they are going to send it again and my surprise is ... that they send it back to DHL !!

After 5 days DHL calls me and informs me that they have a package held for me from a purchase of a watch. what buy? I tell you, I have not bought anything! back the same story,

From here on, 5 months of nightmare, they asking me for papers and requirements. To finally get home MY WATCH after 5 months with a fine of 700$. I ask why??, and they tell me that Gnomon Watches declared a false amount and that is an attempt to scam customs and carries a fine. I tell them that I am not going to pay because of a problem with Gnomon Watches and they have kept my watch.

All this time, 7 long months, whenever I wrote to Gnomon, a man named Justín wrote me and told me that it was not his problem. I have felt helpless and scammed by Gnomon, I have lost my watch for having sent it as they have requested under my responsibility (the one-way shipment)

Please, run away from this shop of unprofessional scammers. I have been in the world of watches for 20 years and I have never seen anything like it.

I have lost my watch, but I hope they feel the weight of the entire watchfans community.
Many apologies for the inconveniences which have been caused with your watch.
We are really shocked reading this and we would like to help and solve this problem.
I would be pleased, if you could contact me at [email protected] and I can check what we can provide for the customs how we can help and contact Gnomon Watches at the same time.

Thank you very much, Morell Isabella

·
Registered
939 Posts
We are really shocked reading this and we would like to help and solve this problem.
I would be pleased, if you could contact me at [email protected] and I can check what we can provide for the customs how we can help and contact Gnomon Watches at the same time.

That’s a nice gesture and a show of good customer service by Damasko

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts

Wow!
Amazing of you to step-in and try to help him.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank you, Isabella. I need to solve this, it is affecting my sleep health, I cannot sleep at night, I am being very scammed and without any possible defense

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

And if the watch ends up "lost", I'm hoping a replacement will be shipped out (at cost...).

And who is this "Justin"...? Lovely CS

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And if the watch ends up "lost", I'm hoping a replacement will be shipped out (at cost...).

And who is this "Justin"...? Lovely CS
I will never know if Gnomon sent my watch or sent hot dogs for the customs dogs. But I am sure that my watch disappeared the first month of shipment and the package wherever it is, is empty. Someone from DHL is enjoying it.

I cannot understand how an official service cannot certify a package as "warranty repair", and as it certifies it with a false value price as if it were the sending of two forum users, no no, I am sure that between two users of the forum we do better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have used Gnomon to buy watches many times and any communication I have had is with Anders and he always responds promptly. VERY surprised that Gnomon has treated you this way and if you story is accurate makes me question them. I would like to hear their version of this whole affair.

·
Registered
999 Posts

Now this is what i call good service - remind me to put Damasko on the want to buy list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It sounds like they put a lower value on the package the second time that they shipped, since it was a repair. In order for customs to have proof, and that customs still didn't believe it.

If so, that is more of an issue with customs than Gnomon, in my opinion.

Also, it doesn't matter what shipping company they use I don't think, whether they use DHL again, or a different company, the package still goes through customs.

I've had great experiences with Gnomon. And im not surprised that they're unwilling to pay a ridiculous fee to customs, as it isn't their fault IMO. However, I think they could be more helpful in trying to convince customs that they weren't lying, and that it is indeed a repair.

I'd try reaching out to them again and ask for a different representative.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that though. It must really suck to have to deal with customs that is being so outrageous.

Customs: "We need documentation that states it is a repair and therefore not put at full value"
Gnomon: Provides proof via lower value
Customs: "That's a lie, now we charge you $700"

How nuts!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It sounds like they put a lower value on the package the second time that they shipped, since it was a repair. In order for customs to have proof, and that customs still didn't believe it.

If so, that is more of an issue with customs than Gnomon, in my opinion.

Also, it doesn't matter what shipping company they use I don't think, whether they use DHL again, or a different company, the package still goes through customs.

I've had great experiences with Gnomon. And im not surprised that they're unwilling to pay a ridiculous fee to customs, as it isn't their fault IMO. However, I think they could be more helpful in trying to convince customs that they weren't lying, and that it is indeed a repair.

I'd try reaching out to them again and ask for a different representative.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that though. It must really suck to have to deal with customs that is being so outrageous.

Customs: "We need documentation that states it is a repair and therefore not put at full value"
Gnomon: Provides proof via lower value
Customs: "That's a lie, now we charge you $700"

How nuts!

The history It was like this:

DHL: This is a covert purchase
OP: No, it's my watch, it came from a warranty repair.
DHL: No, we do not believe it, it is not indicated.
OP: But how is it possible? it has to be indicated somewhere.
GNOMON: Oh sorry, we can't help you with your customs issues.
DHL: No, do you have an invoice showing that you sent the watch to Singapore?
OP: Yes, of course, and the emails with Gnomon, here they are.
DHL: Ok everything is correct. don't worry, you will receive the watch soon.

1 month later

OP: Hello? is there a problem with my packet?
DHL: No, everything is correct, he is only in line to be cast. don't worry it's a matter of time

2 month later

DHL: Yes, it has been reviewed by Customs and they have discovered a product with a value of $ 1,800
OP: what? that's impossible. first, it is not a purchase, the watch is mine and comes from repair, second, it has never cost $ 1,750 ever.
DHL: ok, I'll talk to my superiors to solve the problem

2 days later, I receive 700 $ DHL invoice,

OP: I have received a bill for $ 700, what is happening here?
DHL: you have declared a lower value than the real one and you have to pay taxes and sanctions.
OP: what? I have not indicated any value, I have only sent my watch for repair under warranty.
DHL: Ok, let me check with my superiors.
GNOMON: Don't worry, you won't lose your watch, you just have to pay for everything they ask for. ?¿??

And so they have been for 5 months.

Is

A

Really

Nightmare

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lesson: Dont ever send a watch to a foreign country for warranty repair. Holy Ish!
I wouldn’t go that far.

I’ve sent watches back to Europe-most recently to Sweden-and never had a problem. Unless you call DHL asking me for the value of things - movement, case, etc, a problem (it’s not; it’s normal). I just sent the request to the mfg and they helped.

Seems to me this is a toxic mix of DHL, Gnomon, and Customs not wanting to work together. Customs is what it is so good luck fighting them. Gnomon should be able to smooth it out but, for some reason, they are not.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The history It was like this:

DHL: This is a covert purchase
OP: No, it's my watch, it came from a warranty repair.
DHL: No, we do not believe it, it is not indicated.
OP: But how is it possible? it has to be indicated somewhere.
DHL: No, do you have an invoice showing that you sent the watch to Singapore?
OP: Yes, of course, and the emails with Gnomon, here they are.
DHL: Ok everything is correct. don't worry, you will receive the watch soon.

1 month later

DHL: No, everything is correct, he is only in line to be cast. don't worry it's a matter of time

2 month later

DHL: Yes, it has been reviewed by Customs and they have discovered a product with a value of $ 1,800
OP: what? that's impossible. first, it is not a purchase, the watch is mine and comes from repair, second, it has never cost $ 1,750 ever.
DHL: ok, I'll talk to my superiors to solve the problem

2 days later, I receive 700 $ DHL invoice,

OP: I have received a bill for $ 700, what is happening here?
DHL: you have declared a lower value than the real one and you have to pay taxes and sanctions.
OP: what? I have not indicated any value, I have only sent my watch for repair under warranty.
DHL: Ok, let me check with my superiors.
GNOMON: Don't worry, you won't lose your watch, you just have to pay for everything they ask for. ?¿??

And so they have been for 5 months.

Is

A

Really

Nightmare
Yeah that sounds terrible. I'm sorry to hear that.

Although I still believe this is mostly an issue with customs, it seems Gnomon could try to be more helpful. How sad.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

That’s a very class act! Cheers damasko!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.