WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum user just admitted on the Seiko subforum that he bought a watch, opened it, messed up the innards, packed it up and sent it back for a refund. Then posted a thread bragging about it, apparently. (thread: Wrecked a perfectly good new Seiko turtle the other day.),

baghdadfred said:
...the watch stops and this time it doesn't start. I shake it, i wind it. Trying everything to give it watch CRP but it's really dead now. Now seeing how I am still within my 30-day window I very neatly restored my watch links (learned how to do that also) and packaged everything up and applied for a refund with Amazon. They accepted my request. They will never know I murdered this poor Seiko watch with my amateur fiddling hopefully. Let's see if they * about anything when they receive back my "defective watch".
Note that he has now edited his OP to hide the text, when called out by most folks who saw his thread. The extract above was retained thanks to other forum members quoting him.

Based on this, most members should beware and exercise extreme caution when making any kind of transaction with "baghdadfred".

·
Registered
407 Posts
Second that. I responded to that post rather formally, stating that what he did was unethical at the very least. Other members continued to show him the error of his ways, leading to him dismissing it with ridicuul and ignoring the criticism. The thread is now (rightfully so) closed, but do not trust anything this guy says.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Like I said in the thread, at least he gave us all a heads up ahead of time about what kind of buyer/seller he is. Thanks Baghdadfred.

Reactions: HammyMan37
1 - 7 of 7 Posts