WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My Seatime case has a few scratches because the first owner used a wrong tool when he removed the bracelet :-| ;-)

picture by Stevo (DZvL)

A (watch) friend of mine can do a beautiful bead blasting job and my Seatime case will be repaired. This is his work:

picture by Seamaster (DZvL)

I am thinking of doing the bracelet bead blasting to... I think it would look hardcore :-!

picture by Stevo (DZvL)

What do you think? Bead blasting the bracelet |> or keep it original <|

Grtz, Roel

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wouldn't bead blast the bracelet...

IMO bead blasting shows scratches too easily and is the most difficult finish to re-do. Also, the original Stowa finish seems much finer than the example of your friend's work. You should see if he can use a finer media to replicate the original finish.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I wouldn't bead blast the bracelet...

IMO bead blasting shows scratches too easily and is the most difficult finish to re-do. Also, the original Stowa finish seems much finer than the example of your friend's work. You should see if he can use a finer media to replicate the original finish.
Yesterday I did the job... :-!

And the bracelet is blasted too:

I understand that the purist doesn't like my action... but I like the new looks of the watch and all the scratches are gone... |>

Grtz, Roel

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's looks really good...

I'm not crazy about the bracelet. I'm not really a purist but I do think that bead blasted bracelets show scratches easily and aren't easy to refinish. The case looks really good though. It looks like your friend used a slightly coarser media that Stowa uses but the effect is really nice looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts