WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!
New to this forum and to the mechanical watch world!
Just got myself a Visodate less than a week ago and sadly I'm finding myself sucked back in to yet another ridiculously pricey hobby :(
While I'd like to start collecting various types, I'll have to be realistic and only choose a few which are within a certain budget.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendation or suggestions on a watch which has beautiful unique perlage design/decoration in the movements which can be seen through a sapphire glass back.
Unfortunately the beautiful ones that I know of cost a frigging bomb, i.e- Audemarspiguet, Jaeger, Zenith, etc. :(

Criteria:
Looking for one below $1000, the lower the better.
Automatic movement.
As I have very small wrists, I'm looking for one with max diameter case of 40 mm,
Not bulky, simple elegant classic design.
Clean dial face, the less complications the better. Build quality should at least be decent like Tissot?
Preference to leather strap, but steel is fine as I just have to swap the strap.

I know looking for a beautiful perlage below $1000 would seem ridiculous, but hoping to get lucky here :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: beautiful perlage back display under $1000

How about a Beijing Beihai?

Beijing Beihai 2.0 SB18 manual hand-winding mechanical watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that does look good. But is that a manual winding watch? Sorry I left out another criteria that I'm looking for an aautomatic :(
But your recommendation does fit most of my list :)
Do you have that watch? How's the craftsmanship and the movement quality/precision?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Re: beautiful perlage back display under $1000

Wow that does look good. But is that a manual winding watch? Sorry I left out another criteria that I'm looking for an aautomatic :(
But your recommendation does fit most of my list :)
Do you have that watch? How's the craftsmanship and the movement quality/precision?
I do not own one yet but it is on my list. I have heard a lot of good things about Beijing though.

http://www.good-stuffs.com/Beijing-...-high-frequency-automatic-movement_p_120.html

This one is an automatic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not own one yet but it is on my list. I have heard a lot of good things about Beijing though.

Beijing Beihai T18 dress watch ultra thin high frequency automatic movement

This one is an automatic.

Thanks! You've opened me to the Chinese watch industry and found another good looking one -> Celadon Imperial.
However the cheap looking printed words "Made in/by" in the movements really messed up the whole look :(

Are there any other recommendations?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Levvy,

A great place that I have found to really get an idea of what is out there is F29 and watchrecon. Both have a great variety from $40 all the way up to $10,000+. I would take a look over there and see what you can find! :)

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16

1 - 8 of 8 Posts