WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WUS vintage,

A little about me, I've always loved watches ever since I can remember. I am a huge diver fan. Recently I've been addicted to looking through vintage watch pics on here because for reasons I can't explain I just love the old style. Things were simpler, cleaner, classier.

imgur: the simple image sharer
This is a Vostok that I just purchased because it just took my breath away when I first saw it. Amazing plus side to it was it was inexpensive!
Now my question to you seasoned veterans is what other brands/models/years should I look at that are considered "most popular" when it comes to vintage or just your own personal favorites! I need to fill up a 12 watch box and I only have 6 so far. Have a great day, cheers.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Hello WUS vintage,

A little about me, I've always loved watches ever since I can remember. I am a huge diver fan. Recently I've been addicted to looking through vintage watch pics on here because for reasons I can't explain I just love the old style. Things were simpler, cleaner, classier.

imgur: the simple image sharer
This is a Vostok that I just purchased because it just took my breath away when I first saw it. Amazing plus side to it was it was inexpensive!
Now my question to you seasoned veterans is what other brands/models/years should I look at that are considered "most popular" when it comes to vintage or just your own personal favorites! I need to fill up a 12 watch box and I only have 6 so far. Have a great day, cheers.
Hi, Why? :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Rest assured ... watch boxes have this alarming tendency to fill up themselves. Before you realise it you're buying another one. And another. And ... ;-)

Best,
Tomcat

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I love Vostok. I currently have one vintage Amphibian (and two modern ones). I am on the hunt for two more vintage (a very early production one and a 300m).

I prefer the Amphibian over the Komandiriskie because of the Amphibian's stainless case over the 'diriskie's chromed brass. So my suggestion would be an Amphibian. Check out svtrrts (he services his watches before selling them), asap31, samun_povt (he sells Raketa and services them. Raketa made a few cool divers) and sovieterawatch on eBay. They are all trustworthy sellers who don't sell frankens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha I was somewhat joking about filling the box (it will eventually no doubt) I was just looking for a good place to start/look at in terms of vintage watches. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love Vostok. I currently have one vintage Amphibian (and two modern ones). I am on the hunt for two more vintage (a very early production one and a 300m).

I prefer the Amphibian over the Komandiriskie because of the Amphibian's stainless case over the 'diriskie's chromed brass. So my suggestion would be an Amphibian. Check out svtrrts (he services his watches before selling them), asap31, samun_povt (he sells Raketa and services them. Raketa made a few cool divers) and sovieterawatch on eBay. They are all trustworthy sellers who don't sell frankens.
I have heard this before actually. Thanks for the advice! I just loved the look of that specific komandirskie.....had to have it!!

·
Registered
5,833 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
...Now my question to you seasoned veterans is what other brands/models/years should I look at that are considered "most popular" when it comes to vintage or just your own personal favorites! I need to fill up a 12 watch box and I only have 6 so far. Have a great day, cheers.
OK the ones you must avoid at all costs are the old school analogue Citizen Promasters with the depth sensor, have nothing to do with them, total junkers every one and unworthy to share case space with your lovely Vostok. I mean I wouldn't have one in the house... never... erm... especially the ones with the full lume dials which contain spent plutonium... oh and the chronographs have been known to catch fire underwater implode and electrocute the lucky.... (oops) the poor unfortunate diver who owned one. Then there were the numerous unexplained deaths where victims were found covered in pustulating sores around what remained of their dangly bits! Be warned, it happens far too regularly and you will almost certainly die within the week if you buy one so don't even think of scouring Ebay for lovely old analogue Aqualands! (especially in steel and gold) Honestly in the mid 90's the UK coastguard were fishing their charred remains out of the English Channel (sans dangly bits) at the rate of five a day. So many divers died wearing full lume Aqualands that they were at one point believed to be cursed but this was eventually traced back to their Ebola impregnated rubber straps. Be very careful out there.

Think that'll put him off full lume Aqualands? more for meeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK the ones you must avoid at all costs are the old school analogue Citizen Promasters with the depth sensor, have nothing to do with them, total junkers every one and unworthy to share case space with your lovely Vostok. I mean I wouldn't have one in the house... never... erm... especially the ones with the full lume dials which contain spent plutonium... oh and the chronographs have been known to catch fire underwater implode and electrocute the lucky.... (oops) the poor unfortunate diver who owned one. Then there were the numerous unexplained deaths where victims were found covered in pustulating sores around what remained of their dangly bits! Be warned, it happens far too regularly and you will almost certainly die within the week if you buy one so don't even think of scouring Ebay for lovely old analogue Aqualands! (especially in steel and gold) Honestly in the mid 90's the UK coastguard were fishing their charred remains out of the English Channel (sans dangly bits) at the rate of five a day. So many divers died wearing full lume Aqualands that they were at one point believed to be cursed but this was eventually traced back to their Ebola impregnated rubber straps. Be very careful out there.

Think that'll put him off full lume Aqualands? more for meeeeeeeeeeeee!
Hahahaha! You win the internet. Brb looking for Aqualands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts