WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget price, forget practicality, forget snobbery based on lack of prestiage, forget wrist size to watch ratio.
What are the 5 most beautiful watches in existence given your personal sense of taste?

My nominees in no particular order.
lambda_weissgold_tiefblau_raum01.jpg
seiko-lord-marvel-watch-640.jpg
ressence-type-3-xl.jpg
alang_image.2098568.jpg
friday-4.jpg

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I would not mind having the watch in photo number one or number 5 on my wrist. Numbers 2, 3, & 4 are really not my style.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Curious why you would pick those (especially an Homage) vs these.
Picked them because I own them, or will soon in the case of the H2O. Homages are tributes to history at reasonable prices, without the added markup.

Thanks for showing the other big bezels. I can be rough on wristwatches I wear and would be crushed If I wore and damaged a real 5517 or FF a piece of watch history. I would much rather wear an homage with no worries.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,940 Posts
There are so many. :)

I like many of the simpler AL&S...the one shown is, IIRC, the minute repeater? Hard to forget the cost with that one! :) Also the Glashutte Original 3-hander. I like the VC small seconds...small seconds at 4 or 8, rather than 6...and not excessively separated from the rest of the dial. IWC Portugeiser (sic?)...the color scheme, the hands. Seiko Credor Eichi II.

There are a couple moonphase watches that devote a significant amount of dial space to that sub-display. Combine that with well-executed artistry in the phase/background renditions, and those will be high on my list. Sorry, can't remember specifics...IIRC, all of them are *well* beyond what I'm willing to spend on a watch. :)

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious why you would pick those (especially an Homage) vs these.

Everything in watch collection is subjective. You could ask a hundred guys what there favourite watches are. You're going to get a hundred different answers. Cheers. b-)
It's like picking a Scarlett Johansson lookalike vs the real thing.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don't know where to start.
Here are some that came to mind first.

MB&F
mbf-legacy-machine-2.jpg

Piaget
photo-67.jpg

DeBethune
only_watch_de_bethune_db25_08-01-1297_13.jpg

Haldimann
620418_529995347073612_1174691921_o.jpg

And last but not least,
Vianney Halter
wristshot1.jpg

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Beautiful is this:

But I prefer ugly watches if it was to be worn by me.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts