WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around WUS for a for a few months and have finally decided to go for a Stowa 365 (maybe with a dark brown croc strap).

So unless one shows up for sale in the next week or so ... off to the Stow shop it is.

It has been an interesting education. I came to this purchase with some assumptions and I feel more informed in some ways, but also more cautious in others.

I am part-thrilled about this planned first "proper" purchase and part-concerned that I haven't even purchased it yet and am already thinking crap like "hmmm the Stowa is great for my everyday work use since I wear a suit, but I need a weekend watch ... that Damasko DA36 looks quite nice ... oh wait there's a DA56 on sale ... since I will need something anyway if the price is right ...".

Not good. I feel a strange desire to ... buy ... many ... watches ... can't stop .... Help me ....

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Welcome to the sickness that is watch collecting.

I have an Antea KS that should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks, I am also on the waiting list for the FO.

Not to mention that with the next decent sized pay out from a poker tournament that I get I will probably get either an Omega PO or Speedmaster.

yep, it is a sick, sick habit. But as I tell my wife: "Hey, at least I'm not addicted to hookers!"

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Welcome to this horological madness. It starts that way, then gets even more interesting. We are here to help you every step of the way. {;>)

Choosing a Stowa is a good idea.

Glen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am confident (fingers, toes and other appendages crossed) that I will stop at the Stowa 365 and the Damasko DA36 as my alternating watches! I intend to get lots of use out of any watch(es) I buy ... and not having much disposable income should help.

Being too lazy to flip will be huge advantage as well ....

PS ... if you do want to "help" me, do feel free to draw may attention to any DA36 on sale.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well ;-)

I do believe you are baiting me :-d

1. If I go to the Thames River by the houses of Parliament will if find this sexy Stowa just sitting there enjoying the view?
  2. just because I have FIRMLY decided on my next purchases do you really think you can make me waiver ... I do not need to review my decisions anymore ...
  3. By the way that' s a nice Stowa ... I wonder how it compares to the Damasko DA36 ... NO! Don't answer that.
I will not waver .... :-x

S

·
0 Posts
I do believe you are baiting me :-d

1. If I go to the Thames River by the houses of Parliament will if find this sexy Stowa just sitting there enjoying the view?
  2. just because I have FIRMLY decided on my next purchases do you really think you can make me waiver ... I do not need to review my decisions anymore ...
  3. By the way that' s a nice Stowa ... I wonder how it compares to the Damasko DA36 ... NO! Don't answer that.
I will not waver .... :-x
A DA 36 ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p DA36 yummy ...

I thought you might be trying to get me to reconsider my future DA36 by posting the picture of that gorgeous Sinn by the river ... but I am firm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WARNING ... if there are little children watching your screen you may want to ask them to leave now.

You can now see how desperate I am for a decent watch. 10 years old and rusting from Mexican sea water. No Swine flu though:roll:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts