WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a new (to me) brand... how would you rate the Customer Service that Orient provides? if you have a problem of any sort, are you confident in the response you will get?

I'm asking mainly because I emailed some very specific questions and a week later have not heard back, just wanted to be sure this is not indicitive of what you might see if a real problem arose.

and yes, I understand folks get busy but thats why I'm asking if this was an isolated incident before I bought 4 or 5 watches and found out it wasn't.

thanks for your thoughtful replies in advance:thanks

GW

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have not had any problems with customer service. I email or call and usually get a response.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I too have had the same lack of response on a basic question. Used their web based customer service system. This was 2-3 days ago.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Did you post your question here? Orient USA sponsored this site....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It is my understanding that OrientUSA is working to improve their customer service. There was a long thread before on the subject.
From my own experience, when I asked a question about buying a watch, I got a quick response. When I asked a question about a watch I bought, I never heard back.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you got to service tab on the Orient USA site, and look at the low left, you will see a link to a forum site where customer service responds quickly... I talk to the customer service people almost every day. I get responses usually in an hour or two. I always email this address: [email protected] The people that answer this address are on the West coast, so be aware that if you email after hours it might be the next day before they answer....

What I would like to know is what email address people are requesting information from? On the contact tab of Orient Watch USA I see an address for press and for Joey. I suspect Joey is out of the country at the watch convention.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you post your question here? Orient USA sponsored this site....

well yes, one of the questions, and no one apparently knew the answer... I figured the sponsor would see that and catch it there.. I didn't know the mod/sponsor was out of town, I thought he'd been posting here.

and Joey was the email I used, I didn't dig far enough to get to the actual customer service email.

like I said, I just wanted to get an idea of how responsive most people here thought the CS was and if they were satisfied before I jumped in... not because of the lack of a timely response, anybody can miss an email.

I'm thinking long term, if I have an issue are they going to be there to help... that kind of thing.

keep em coming please,

GW:thanks

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have 4 Orients. One of them wasn't working right (stopped randomly) out of the box. I emailed Orient, got a same day response and a new watch in a week total. I have had numerous questions answered by email in 24hrs or less. Great CS IMHO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well yes, one of the questions, and no one apparently knew the answer... I figured the sponsor would see that and catch it there.. I didn't know the mod/sponsor was out of town, I thought he'd been posting here.

I looked through your old posts and couldn't find the question. What was it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked through your old posts and couldn't find the question. What was it?
I asked how big is the original braclet, or how large a wrist would it fit.
I assumed the mod/sponsor could provide the size wrist the original bracelet would fit.

I have 4 Orients. One of them wasn't working right (stopped randomly) out of the box. I emailed Orient, got a same day response and a new watch in a week total. I have had numerous questions answered by email in 24hrs or less. Great CS IMHO.
thats pretty good service, really good news:thanks

I'm about to place an order, now all I have to do is decide on which ones....

GW:-!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rock on!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
on a new (to me) brand... how would you rate the Customer Service that Orient provides? if you have a problem of any sort, are you confident in the response you will get?

I'm asking mainly because I emailed some very specific questions and a week later have not heard back, just wanted to be sure this is not indicitive of what you might see if a real problem arose.

and yes, I understand folks get busy but thats why I'm asking if this was an isolated incident before I bought 4 or 5 watches and found out it wasn't.

thanks for your thoughtful replies in advance:thanks

GW
Perhaps if you have not received an answer from Orient USA, members here could help answer your questions... :think:

:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps if you have not received an answer from Orient USA, members here could help answer your questions... :think:

:)

yes maybe, but just the "what size wrist does the original bracelet fit?" , the other questions were specific questions that the CS dude might have to answer.
actually, some of the other questions were answered in another thread about movements and such, so it's all good.

to be honest I wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into another train wreck of QC and CS as many have with a well known cheese yellow box brand. so far I expect good results from what I'm generally seeing here.

thanks again, oh... one question, once my order was placed how long does it take to get the orders out and to your door usually? there didn't seem to be a choice on shipping and "best way" is kinda vague..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So what size wrist will an Orient will fit? 7", 8", 9"? Does anyone have any idea, I'm interested in getting a straight answer as well. Someone must have an answer.

The straight answer is every watch is different, the cem7500's will fit an 8in wrist at least according to my ruler. All my 7500's are sized already so I will just hazard a guess that they probably fit a 7.5.

It's clearly not an issue for the voting majority because it's a specification that is completely missing form Orients vocabulary! I haven't checked Seiko and Citizen yet but it would be interesting to know if they list wrist size in their specifications. Perhaps this would be a good specification to ask Orient to list in their model information!

Also it is not a problem to get a couple of extra links for your orients from the service center, if they are not already on hand they can order them!

once my order was placed how long does it take to get the orders out and to your door usually? there didn't seem to be a choice on shipping and "best way" is kinda vague..

I believe they ship UPS first and USPS second depending on the alignment of the planets or something, but they almost always ship UPS... so about four days to just about anywhere in the US...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
thanks again, oh... one question, once my order was placed how long does it take to get the orders out and to your door usually? there didn't seem to be a choice on shipping and "best way" is kinda vague..

Not sure where you are at but the three I ordered from OWUSA arrived in Denver about 5 days from when I ordered.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
yes maybe, but just the "what size wrist does the original bracelet fit?" , the other questions were specific questions that the CS dude might have to answer.
actually, some of the other questions were answered in another thread about movements and such, so it's all good.

to be honest I wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into another train wreck of QC and CS as many have with a well known cheese yellow box brand. so far I expect good results from what I'm generally seeing here.

Orient has been available in the US for a while now through a small network of online dealers, at least a couple of years. Orient USA only recently started selling watches with the promotional discounts which has resulted in a great increase in the volume sold. If you read through old posts on this forum you'll find a number of CS complaints which is probably related to capacity/resource issues. They have promised improvements to CS and they seem to be delivering because the complaints on this forum have greatly diminished.

In my personal experiences I have received both prompt and no communication. Sometimes you just have to know who to talk to so, as was recomended earlier, I would direct communication to this email address.

[email protected]

I don't have any relation to Orient or Orient USA. Just a fan answering your question.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The straight answer is every watch is different, the cem7500's will fit an 8in wrist at least according to my ruler. All my 7500's are sized already so I will just hazard a guess that they probably fit a 7.5.
My wrist is 7.5" and with both the Makos and the 7500 I had to remove 2 links to size them properly so I would say you are safe up to at least 8" and may need an extra link for 8.5"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It's clearly not an issue for the voting majority because it's a specification that is completely missing form Orients vocabulary! I haven't checked Seiko and Citizen yet but it would be interesting to know if they list wrist size in their specifications. Perhaps this would be a good specification to ask Orient to list in their model information!

Also it is not a problem to get a couple of extra links for your orients from the service center, if they are not already on hand they can order them!
it's been a hard thing to measure, but you're correct Seiko didn't list sizes either but the seller my Monster came from knew the answer. I also from experience know all my ProDiver's were equipped with at least room for 9" wrists, and every Omega SeMP I own fits at least 8 5/8".

I mainly wanted to know because when they ship the new watches from Orient USA I'd really like to be able to resize and wear it, not have to figure out how much I need to add possibly and wait a week or so on extra links.. I guess I was trying to get ahead of the game, most watches I've bought recently have had plenty of links for my 8 5/8" preference..

:thanksmR Crow, I have a better idea now..

GW:)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
My 3 bracelet models fit my 8.25" wrist perfectly using only the micro adjustments on the clasp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts