WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 euros to spend but I know nothing about watches I like slim watches that aren’t fussy any advice appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have 2000 euros to spend but I know nothing about watches I like slim watches that aren’t fussy any advice appreciated. Thanks
Watches are very personal things, but you could probably buy a Hamilton Intra Matic and an Oris 65 for 2000 Euros if you go grey market.

That's a relatively slim dress watch and a slim-wearing (for a diver) dive watch.

I'm biased though because I own both and don't really wear any of my other watches anymore.

thumbnail_IMG_2664.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you have any preference on size, case material, dial color, features (diver, chronograph, GMT), etc?

For 2000 Euros you have a host of options.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
If you like slim nonfussy watches, why not buy the non-limited edition Citizen Eco Drive One? I think you can get it right near your budget. They're just a bit over 3mm thick. Otherwise, if you haggle, most of the NOMOS that retail a bit above your budget are in the 6-8mm range. A Citizen Stiletto is around 500USD at 5mm and change. Other than these, most other "thin" watches are going to be at 7mm or (much) thicker.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mont blanc heritage ultra slim. Two hand dress watch.

·
Premium Member
71,186 Posts
I was going to suggest something from the Damasko DA36 family but Tricky’s suggestion of the Sinn 556 works for me too.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Maybe define what slim is to you. Because a lot of the watches listed here aren't really slim.

G

·
I always think an Omega does well with most people as a first watch. Sometimes it ends up being the only watch and that's also fine.
For 2K there are many options with Omega especially if you go Pre-owned. Consider a 38.5 mm Aqua Terra. They are beautiful and will wear well with anything especially the models with the silver dial.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go round a few watch shops, try on some different styles and sizes then once you have narrowed down the type/style of watch that you like, ask about that and for other suggestions like it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts