WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing some pictures online I knew I had to have this one, not sure what it is with blue dialled watches but they've always lured me in.

So together with some help of a forum member who send me the Tao Bao link and a Chinese colleague with a TB account I ordered one. It was send with EMS and took less than 2 weeks to arrive, but I did have to pay a hefty custom & handling fee of 80 euro's which stung a little bit, but yeah that was to be expected...

My first impression was that it is a really nice blue patterned dial, but the automatic movement is a bit of a let down compared to the handwound movement.

Especially the date function is a bit wonky with the font not being consistent and there is not a clear position on the crown to set the date, it's just somewhere between neutral and setting the hands but it doesn't click into a position like you would expect from a watch like this.

So let's have a look at the pictures, as you can see they did upgrade their packaging ...

compared to the beihai LE box

Added some effect to show of the colour

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That blue dial has a lot of personality. I like your hand winding Behai; it looks great on the at strap. It is a lot of dress watch for the money.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Great looking watch, Barry |> and thank you so much for sharing your initial impressions / mini-review. I've heard more criticism about this automatic movement, which is a shame; you'd hope it would be up to the same standards as the hand-wound SB18 movement. Maybe BWF should consider offering this blue watch with the hw-movement too, even if that means a slightly higher price.

PS - misschien kun je deze foto ook in de Kaliber2010 - wat draag-je draad plaatsen?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking watch, Barry |> and thank you so much for sharing your initial impressions / mini-review. I've heard more criticism about this automatic movement, which is a shame; you'd hope it would be up to the same standards as the hand-wound SB18 movement. Maybe BWF should consider offering this blue watch with the hw-movement too, even if that means a slightly higher price.

PS - misschien kun je deze foto ook in de Kaliber2010 - wat draag-je draad plaatsen?
They already do, but opted for the automatic since I already have this one in the white LE version

I should indeed post something in the Kaliber2010 forum it's been a while :)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Wow that's a brilliant blue dial. Nice.. How accurate is the auto movement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow that's a brilliant blue dial. Nice.. How accurate is the auto movement ?

Hi, mine is super accurate. A few seconds a day, a minute in 2 weeks. I am impressed. This is currently my most accurate Chinese watch. It is keeping this performance now for 3 months already.

FCW/Robert

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The movement is the B16ZR, probably at the lower end but have no experience with other BWAF automatic movements.

Perhaps the T18 is more refined?

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Very good looking watch.

The case, dial and hands look like a ZunJue to me, which is sized for Dixmont Guangzhou movements - and the finishing of the movement looks to be in that direction. But ZunJue has a handcrank movement, but plenty of space under the glass for a rotor.

But they've added BeiHai style markers, and nicely matched crown and of course that breathtaking blue.

Congratulations on acquiring a very eyecatching watch.

Ric

·
Premium Member
39,812 Posts
The blue dial looks stunning. I might have gone for the blue handwinding version if it wasn't for that pesky date window.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello, i want to know, are you still happy of your watch with a few month ?
I'm still happy with it, although I haven't worn it since then. A few reasons being that the dial is quite bold and the markers are very thin so it reflects a lot of light and therefore it is quite hard to tell time on it. I would have probably picked the handwound version knowing this, but besides that it's still a fun thing to have and will probably dig it up to wear it soon...

·
Registered
96 Posts
The surface of the sapphire glass is flat instead of domed or curved. It reflects a lot of light from a certain angle. For outdoor usage, it's quite hard to read the thin hands as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ Thanks that's exactly what I mean.

It is perfect as a dress watch and a real stunner, it's just that I have quite an active lifestyle I cycle to work (I'm Dutch :) and need something more robust for daily wear.

But yeah I should just wear this one in the evening with a glass of (French) wine :)

Hopefully these comments help in your decision

1 - 17 of 17 Posts