WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestions for an affordable watch (<$500) of similar style to the Bell & Ross Vintage BR 123 series? That watch is my dream and I've been looking for something of similar vintage style/simple elegance for a long time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

bell-ross-vintage-br-carbon-watches-1.jpg

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
I suspect this may be a tricky one. There are a few watches (e.g. the Seiko Spork) that have similar dials but few that have such a beautifully simple case as well. If you were willing to spend a little (actually quite a bit) more you could get a used Sinn 656 which would certainly give a similar vibe, although not so vintage looking.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Get a Junkers G-38 from Long Island Watch. They come in quartz and ETA automatic. Automatic is just below your budget. They have number of different variations. Don't let the name bother you, Junkers is a German brand named after Hugo Junkers with decent affordable watches.

Automatic

Quartz GMT

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
There is one sterile/Parnis that doesn't have the tan color, but the style is pretty close:

(after login, it is $65)

·
Registered
114 Posts
There was a tx watch that I really looked liked the bell and ross...I just can't find it.

·
Registered
26,044 Posts
TIMEX intelligent quartz

Reactions: tzm1

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I can't find it anywhere and I really want one. I wonder if they got their wrists slapped by B&R's legal team.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I can't find it anywhere and I really want one. I wonder if they got their wrists slapped by B&R's legal team.
I was thinking the same thing my self. It would not surprise me however many brands make watches that are clearly based off other high end watches and get away with it.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
If that had a sterile dial, mechanical movement and sapphire I'd be tempted.
It's a really nice looking watch but £500 for a quartz watch with mineral crystal from a brand not know for making watches seems extortionate.
Just be thankfull it isn't check ;)

and I might get lynched for saying so, but from past experience for me a quartz is seen as thoughaway nowadays

1 - 20 of 65 Posts