WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Bought MEG02. I was checking the website daily, even few hours ago and I just bought. I am not sure about the size, but.... I CANT RESIST :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Bought MEG02. I was checking the website daily, even few hours ago and I just bought. I am not sure about the size, but.... I CANT RESIST :)
i got Meg01.., it's pretty big! I think yours will play smaller with the black dial and black bezel though.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
They have no decent pics of the case, lugs, clasp, etc. No thanks, but I guess could be a cool watch. How will one know until it arrives?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Speaking of meg I actually bumped into a meg owner today and he was nice enough to let me try his watch. This thing is heavy it was only on the leather strap. And I feel the edges are a bit sharp. The case back actually kinda dug into my wrist.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Speaking of meg I actually bumped into a meg owner today and he was nice enough to let me try his watch. This thing is heavy it was only on the leather strap. And I feel the edges are a bit sharp. The case back actually kinda dug into my wrist.
New or old model?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
They have no decent pics of the case, lugs, clasp, etc. No thanks, but I guess could be a cool watch. How will one know until it arrives?

ditto
I gave up my reservation because the lack of pics steve said that he would have posted plenty of them on her arrival , but unfortunately that was not the case, so for me was a no tks

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'm not interested in the watch, but also wanted to chime in on the lack of pics. Before I bought a 42mm Bronze Moray, I too thought it was odd that there were only a few pics of the watch, even more odd, it used to list the lume as C3, when it was actually BGW9. I like the Meg, looks cool, but too big for me. Great watches, good pricing, top notch customer service, for those who can manage the size I say go for it!

EDIT: Just saw pics on FB of Steve wearing the V5 Meg on his 6.5" wrist and it looks great! Very tempting....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
it is a big and chunky watch a 6.5" wrist cannot pull it off (unless they have shorten the lug to lug distance but still remains a very tall watch and with shorter lugs it will be even more noticeable) I had the titanium version for a while and on my 7" wrist was a bit big, sometimes pics can be misleading because of angles, distance and other factors

·
Registered
149 Posts
it is a big and chunky watch a 6.5" wrist cannot pull it off (unless they have shorten the lugs to lugs distance but still remain a very tall watch and with shorter lugs it will even more noticeable) I had the titanium version for a while and on my 7" wrist was a bit big, sometimes pics can be misleading because of angles, distance and other factors
The lug to lug is 53.5 mm. My 6.5 in wrist has about 2 in real estate - i too very much doubt that this could work ... Maybe get two and use them as ankle weights? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Steve is one of the few who provide with plenty of pics, also comparable pics with his other models. Mostly on fb and also on stevral.com. F.e. Armida or Helson never do that, all they do is just ONE factory picture.
I suppose he did not showed official pictures just because it is still not oficially introduced. And because previous generations are already around the world and just few small changes are made on this new version, no too many pictures in advance. I still think he does excellent job with quantity and quality of pictures...

I have 6,75" wrist and I prefer 40mm and 42mm is on the edge for me. I consider most of 44-45mm watches as just large for me.
I bought Megalodon anyway, its on its way, I see how cool it looks on Steve's wrist... I think those short and small lugs and black bezel (I have MEG02) make it look smaller.
It is big and huge indeed, but I cant resist. I dont think I will wear it so often as my other, but I like the look too much to pass around.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree about the soft release and lack of pics on the benarus page but they tend to update facebook frequently. I scored a meg05 and can't wait! Have wanted a meg for awhile. Size may be pushing it (7.0" wrist) but they don't really lose value if I flip it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts