WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit I have no idea about Benrus or watches from the 40's and 50's. This was one of my grandparents watches that was tossed in a box with a ton of WW II negatives my grandfather made from his days in the pacific. All I know is this thing works and it says Benrus shockproof on it
DSC_7765.JPG
DSC_7769.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Very nice to find an old watch that hasn't been tampered with. Despite the minor damage, that's an exceptionally nice dial, in my opinion. And the case isn't bad either. Just a little honest, age-appropriate wear. Get it serviced, replace the strap, and wear it with pleasure.

If you get it open, please post photos of the movement and the inside of the case.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, it's a very small watch compared to ones Im use to .

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
That is a standard size man's watch prior to 1950. There were still mid size watches similar sized to that on into the 50's.

Shock protection was more common starting in the 1940's. You can find some older watches with shock protection but yours I would say mid to late 40's.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent thanks, than it was my grandfathers. He died in 1996 and pretty sure this just sat in a box. Not too terrible if it was a work watch for him at a car plant I imagine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts