WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I'm looking for some info on a single crown Benrus Ristalarm, most of my searches have popped up with Wristalarm being the only spelling, I did find one identical to the one I'm looking at in a youtube video, with different serial # on the caseback so I know there are at least two of these in existence.

If anyone could tell me where these would have been marketed I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen one. (yes this is a useful post!)

I've got this 'normal' doubleknobber in my project box:

shame it has water damage :(

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like these alarm watches, got a LeCoultre Memovox a little while ago and love the sound, especially when it rings while on a table.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I really like these alarm watches, got a LeCoultre Memovox a little while ago and love the sound, especially when it rings while on a table.
I also have a LeCoultre alarm (just says 'wrist alarm' instead of 'memovox') and a Poljot 18j. That poljot is really seriously loud :-!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
The Benrus "Ristalarm" will probably have a Langendorf Cal. 1241 "Lanco-fon" which was supplied to Benrus with a special fine adjustment (and marketed as the Benrus Cal. DS10). It might also be the DS1D which was actually an Adolf Schild Cal. 1475. The two are distinguished by a small window at 12:00 for the alarm indication in the Langendorf calibre.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Langendorf 1241

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Benrus DS1D (AS 1475)

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Hartmut, this one has the window at 12 o'clock, and is marked as a DF10 movement

Looks exactly like that 1241 movement you linked, down to the AXZ on it.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I picked up this Benrus "Wristalarm" at a thrift store years ago.
Runs like a champ, but could seriously use a new dial.
Other than taking it in for servicing, never opened her up to check out the movement.
Might have to now.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
The Benrus "Ristalarm" will probably have a Langendorf Cal. 1241 "Lanco-fon" which was supplied to Benrus with a special fine adjustment (and marketed as the Benrus Cal. DS10). It might also be the DS1D which was actually an Adolf Schild Cal. 1475. The two are distinguished by a small window at 12:00 for the alarm indication in the Langendorf calibre.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Langendorf 1241

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Benrus DS1D (AS 1475)

Hartmut Richter
Surely also distinguished by the Lanco-Fon movement only having 1 crown compared to the usual 2.:think:

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
Surely also distinguished by the Lanco-Fon movement only having 1 crown compared to the usual 2.:think:
Quite correct! The Langendorf was the only wrist alarm movement with all functions set by only one crown (no buttons or secondary crowns).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I won the auction, so pics will be forthcoming. Thanks for the info, I think this will be another little gem for my collection.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are some pics. Nice little watch, though the crown pulls out way to easily for my liking. Is that easy to fix?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sent it in to Archer to get serviced and to get the crown issue looked at. Al took it apart and found a broken set lever jumper. Does anyone know where I can hunt one of these down for the Langendorf 1241?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My watchmaker found piece, so looks like my Ristalarm will chime once again. :)

Here are some pics. Al is great, lots of updates on my watches and he will be my exclusive watchmaker.

Two mainsprings, one for the timekeeping, the other for the alarm.

This little piece is responsible for the click detents when pulling out the crown. An issue which was there from the first time I wound this piece up out of the box.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts