WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my dad's Benrus watch that he left me when he passed I am trying to figure out a little more info, I cant remember if he said it was my Grandpa's or if he got it when he was over seas in the Navy during the Korean war.

The serial is 766367 and it states on the back plate 10k rolled gold plated bezel Stainless steal back. it has 11 jewels in it. any info would be helpful KIMG0070.JPG benrus.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
benrus-movement.jpg Here are a couple images of the inside I assumed that is what you meant by the movement... it's not the best I will try and use my better camera if needed.

thanks again. benrus-movement-2.jpg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,132 Posts
The movement is definitely an ETA 900 derivative, possibly the Cal. ETA 930 which was used by Benrus as the Benrus Cal. CE13 (if 17 jewels - like yours has) or CE14 (if 15 jewels):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Benrus CE13 (ETA 930)

The exact movement designation should be engraved on the movement, unfortunately, the pictures are not clear enough for me to distinguish anything.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Looks like a BA2; fairly early, since it has the "Benrus" shock protection. Mid to late 40's, I think. It's a ETA 938 (one of the ETA 900 family, as Hartmut recognized) finished by Benrus with their own shock protection system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts