WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking to enter the world of Breitling for the first time. I was originally interested in the new SS Seawolf but after wearing it I found I love the dial but the weight is a bit much for my everyday wear... so I am now looking at taking a jump up to a Bentley GT or Blackbird.

Bentley: I find the Bentley to be a near perfect combination of dial design and rugged wearability. The actual Bentley car paint used on the dial of it really adds a touch of class. I really love that bezel as well.

Blackbird: The dial and date set up is very pleasing and well laid out to my eyes. I like the case and brushed steel option as well.

Can any owners give me their opinions of wearing these everyday and what they like or dislike about them?

PLEASE also bring on those pictures!!!

:thanks
I hope to be a regular poster on here soon...
Ren

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I dont own either, but if I could have any breitling it would be the GT. The fit and wearability are perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I ask a favour Of the experts here as well? Please pm me with what you think a fair price would be for a less than 2 year old bentley GT or blackbird on bracelet would be in the used market?

Thanx again one and all...
Ren

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a friend that has a GT and I have seen the Blackbird and I have to say its no contest... at least from a aesthetics standpoint. Plus the GT is in a Class all its own IMO.

I'm sure a GT owner will eventually chime in to give you some indepth advice.;-)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
My biggest beef with the blackbird (and chronomat) is that they dont sit well on my wrist. I think it has something to do with the shape of the case.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx guys I know what you mean! The GT seems like a classy but at the same time rugged timepiece that you won't see on every second persons wrist... trying it on was certainly well worth it! The blackbird is very nice in a different class of it's own!

·
Registered
367 Posts
The GT is nice but I prefer the more understated presence of the BB :) Esp on satin finish :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bentley hands down. I don't own either, but the Bentley just oozes character.

·
Registered
241 Posts
blackbird all the way

·
Registered
511 Posts
Blackbird for me too!

Think its got a more all-rounded look more than the GT

·
Registered
103 Posts
The GT is nice but I prefer the more understated presence of the BB :) Esp on satin finish :)
GT Racing comes with satin/polished finish.

Same as the BB

·
Registered
367 Posts
GT Racing comes with satin/polished finish.

Same as the BB
Never seen one in person and their website makes no mention of it :-s I did get a better look at it on the website and it is a beautiful piece and I like the dial layout :-! Not a fan of the bezel though I'm afraid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personally & don't shout at me for it, ;-) `i don't like the knurled, facetted bezel of the GT, so being the proud owner of a new BB (sorry I can't stop mentioning that!) it has to be the BB for me.........or both!!!!:-!

I've really gone and done it now, 40 years without a Breitling and now I want half a dozen, they're all so desirable.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Has to be the Blackbird.

The whole Bentley line just screams "insecure nouveau riche" to me.

The bezels are a complete failure in my opinion, way too much bling.....

I can't help it, I keep assuming the majority of Brietlings and definitely all the Bentley's are very popular on MTV music videos....

I have always wanted a Cosmonaute----but every time I think I'm going to get one I end up buying something else......

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I definitely am not interested in "bling" factor LOL I think that is one of the things that makes the blackbird so class... understated and classy but still sturdy as he'll... damn I'm really no closer to deciding!

PICTURES PLEASE!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I definitely am not interested in "bling" factor LOL I think that is one of the things that makes the blackbird so class... understated and classy but still sturdy as he'll... damn I'm really no closer to deciding!

PICTURES PLEASE!
Have you tried both on at your dealer? Thats usually what seals the deal.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried On the blackbird bird but would have preferred to try the matte finished version. I need to try a different ad to find a gt to try on... this week for sure!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts