WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Althought announced as "Exclusive preview for our Facebook fans", I thought it was interesting enough to ask our members too:

Exclusive preview for our Facebook fans. Please feel free to give feedback for this new Road Captain design
Visit the Bentley website

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Is this a different Bentley than the carmaker?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't joking. 100% serious question

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Sorry OzO, thought you were being cute. This Bentley uses a B in a circle and put the word Bentley in a font similar to -- but NOT identical to -- the real Bentley logo:

Watch logo:

bentleylogo-phony.jpg

Real Bentley logo:
bentley-logo.jpg
The website does not claim or suggest any connection to the carmaker and they seem to sell their goods through a FB site (didn't know you could do that), so to me it bore none of the hallmarks of the real Bentley (in particular, no wings in the logo); thus I thought you were making a joke.

$1,200 for a watch with a Ronda 5030.D quartz movement with gold PVD coating? Their watches are nice looking, but one can get so much more for $1,200...

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
All good mate, the more I look at the website the more it reads like a Chinese faux-heritage brand (capitalized letters in the middle of sentences, missing s's etc)

Stay tunes for my soon to be released Rolls Royce watches (no affiliation with the car company - and my logo is the Spirit Of Indifference) :-d

Reactions: brashboy

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
All good mate, the more I look at the website the more it reads like a Chinese faux-heritage brand (capitalized letters in the middle of sentences, missing s's etc)

Stay tunes for my soon to be released Rolls Royce watches (no affiliation with the car company - and my logo is the Spirit Of Indifference) :-d
Doesn't it just?

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Nice looking, but I see nothing to justify $1200, for a stock quartz chrono.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts