WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some pics, some words, and some passion. I recently posted about looking for a diver and followed that post with another looking for high value watches that were 22mm. I've thrown the 22mm idea by the wayside in favor of get something that I like rather than tailoring my watch choice to my strap collection. I've been emailing Fred and I'm seriously considering preordering a champagne "Binnacle Diver" aka re-release of the Sea Shark. So let's see what you guys got to show and say.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Here's mine. The Sea Shark is one of my favorites, love the look, perfect size for me and the bracelet is every bit a good as advertised, it's one of the only watches I own that I wear on a bracelet. The only small complaint I have is that I wish the lume was a little better.
View attachment 1023541

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size is your wrist Dave? I've heard it wears big for a 42 which entices me as my daily is a 46mm Maratac. After all the good things I've heard about the bracelet it may be my exception to that rule as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
My wrist size is about 7 3/8. I think this wears just about perfect for me, size wise. I've also heard that the new version is supposed to have better lume, in addition to a new name!

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Here is mine. The case is what initially drew me to this watch. The only thing that would make it better is a little bit of texture on the dial. Now I just need to replace the white/orange BBA I sold with the wht/blk version.

View attachment 1023662

·
Registered
554 Posts
I sold a few of my Bernhardt watches believing I was tired and bored of them. And although I have enjoyed their replacements none of those replacements ever measured up to the fit, finish and quality of those Bernhardts.

So although I no longer have my Corsair, Sea Shark or Binnacle Anchor my two Officer's still grace my wrists from time to time. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the renamed Sea Sharks shortly.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wrist size is about 7 3/8. I think this wears just about perfect for me, size wise. I've also heard that the new version is supposed to have better lume, in addition to a new name!
Where did you hear about improved lume? I thought it was the exact same except the name.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Where did you hear about improved lume? I thought it was the exact same except the name.

I read that in a thread here just a little while ago. If I remember correctly someone said that Fred had told them about the upgraded lume. I see if I can find that thread and post a link.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love my Sea Shark! I'm pretty thrilled that my "Sea Shark" will no longer be produced with that name, makes mine just a little bit more special.

For the money, I don't think you will find anything that will compete in terms of a quality diver. Wears very well on my 7.5 in wrist.

Here is my 47mm Pilot for wrist size reference.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Ok, the rumor about the improved lume was in a thread called Binnacle Diver vs Prometheus Sailfish in the dive watch forum. Sorry couldn't post link for some reason. I don't know if its true or not, but I certainly hope so, the lume quality is my only complaint with the Sea Shark.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Austin for that comparison because that's exactly what I was hoping for size wise from a diver. I'm officially sold on this watch. Once the lady and I pay the bills this week I'm going to assess whether to preorder now or next pay period. Really hoping I have the extra funds for it this week as Fred said he would be willing to sell me a specific numbered case. Would make this piece extra special for me.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, the rumor about the improved lume was in a thread called Binnacle Diver vs Prometheus Sailfish in the dive watch forum. Sorry couldn't post link for some reason. I don't know if its true or not, but I certainly hope so, the lume quality is my only complaint with the Sea Shark.
Found it https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/bernhardt-sea-shark-binnacle-diver-vs-prometheus-sailfish-831969.html

That's awesome as this is the only consistent complaint I have heard about the Sea Shark.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thank you Austin for that comparison because that's exactly what I was hoping for size wise from a diver. I'm officially sold on this watch. Once the lady and I pay the bills this week I'm going to assess whether to preorder now or next pay period. Really hoping I have the extra funds for it this week as Fred said he would be willing to sell me a specific numbered case. Would make this piece extra special for me.

Good luck with that, there is nothing better than a numbered case!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well...I pulled the trigger and placed my pre-order today with Fred. The case number I wanted was still available, he said I could of gotten #4 but I decided to go a bit higher for a number with some significance. I decided to go with the Black dial. Also great news! Fred confirmed with me today that the lume on these new "Sea Sharks" will indeed be better. Other than that it will be the same great watch. Ahhh now the long wait until it arrives.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Nice! With Fred confirming the improved lume, I'm tempted to get another one myself. Keep us updated on your order and when it arrives let us know about the lume. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I just wanna throw this in here: Fred's a fantastic guy to work with, and if you ever have trouble contacting him, PM me and I'll shoot you the most direct email address. Congrats on your preorder!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just wanna throw this in here: Fred's a fantastic guy to work with, and if you ever have trouble contacting him, PM me and I'll shoot you the most direct email address. Congrats on your preorder!!!
I have to say that Fred is the most responsive, helpful, and generally nice guy I have dealt with since getting into this whole scene. Not that I've had issues else where but he just stands out as an all around good business man. I have a feeling this may not be my last Bernhardt if the watch is even half as good as the experience dealing with him was.

Also Dave yeah I was pretty pumped to have him confirm. I just flat out asked if the rumors were true or forum fodder to which he said "the lume is better than original for sure( I am listening to my customers)". He said they will hopefully be in April 20th so I will make sure to post that following week with first impressions and hopefully by then I will be able to better utilize my GFs DSLR to do some nice lume shots with the Maratac's C3 lume for comparison.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Great to have confirmation about the better lume! I had a red Sea-Shark for six months or so, which I sold for reason of poor lume, large size and weight on my 7" wrist. I really liked the watch, the fit and finish were excellent. However the red color was just a bit too orange/coral for my tastes and it kept rotating around my wrist. I also have a 2-tone Officer and it's a beautifully made watch, as are all of Fred's creations. Enjoy your new purchase when it arrives!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I wish they could have kept "shark" in the name but I'm sure it'll still be a great watch. Really glad I got one last summer. It's been a pleasure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts