WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My training in Paris at Cap Horlogerie has been helpful in the assembly of my last bespoke flieger. Beside the gun metal black PVD coating this watchcase has screw-down crown and case-back and double domed sapphire crystal. The super lume B dial is fitted with Luminova blue hands. The movement is a swiss Selitta 220. The black leather-blue silicone band is from Hirsch (Made in Austria). Anyone attending one of those introduction courses of watchmaking for beginners should be able to build his own watch after an eight hours training.

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 13.36.39.jpg Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 13.35.52.jpg
PHP:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
At this level, it's accessible to everyone. We have dozens of watchmakers and hobbyists who do this kind of work taking off the shelf parts to make something of their own creation.

"He's just a witness"

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I was going to say: depends on your definition of "bespoke".

In any case, these days, anything is possible.
3d modelling programs are very accessible and they're so easy to use. All it takes is a little cursory knowledge of how a watch case goes together and you could knock up a design for a bezel, barrel, case back combo in an afternoon.
The engineering/manufacturing company should be able to offer you advice too.

Someone made custom dial and hands for a Monaco so that's another area of bespoke work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts