WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threads about homages inevitably include comments about how there are so many affordable watches with great, original designs, that people should be buying those.

To that end, whether you agree with the argument or not, I was wondering what you would consider to be the best affordable watches with completely (or nearly completely) original designs? For the sake of argument, let's stick to analog rather than digital watches. I'm no watch historian, so I'm probably not in a good position to know, but I can imagine the Vostoks would qualify. What else?

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Brew, Monta, Lorier (inspired by classic dive watches but far from copies), Zelos, Traska, Astor + Banks, Nodus…

·
Premium Member
11,040 Posts
Helm.
Watch Analog watch White Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, maybe I need to clarify what I'm asking, because it seems like most people are responding with brands that have models that seem like homages to me. Orient, for example, has (or had) datejust homages, as has Seiko. Some would argue that the Casio Duro is a Submariner homage, though I'm not sure about that. I realize these aren't copies, but they do seem like homages.

Maybe I was asking the question wrong. I'm not asking about brands that happen to have completely original designs (but also might have unoriginal ones), I'm asking about what you would consider to be the best specific affordable models that themselves are completely original and not obviously "inspired" by another design.

That being said, if there are certain brands where pretty much all of the models are totally original, then that's fine. And some of the ones mentioned might fall into that category.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm not asking a fair question, because most watches are inspired by something that came beforehand.

I think maybe I'll withdraw the question. Because I think the argument about "original designs" is usually put out there about copies rather than "inspired" designs.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Draken Tugela original enough?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mike2121

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Hands down, Citizen NY0040 series

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 20 of 63 Posts