WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone out there- hope I could get a bit of advice instead of going by trial and error on this. I recently picked up a Tissot PRC200 Automatic Chronograph and found the bracelet makes the watch feel much too bulky on my wrist- even my Oris Titan is far easier to wear. I swapped the bracelet for a Bond-style NATO strap I had laying around and the colors compliment the watch perfectly- the only problem is that the NATO strap is too thin to keep from feeling "sloppy" in terms of holding the watch in place. I was thinking about a Bond Zulu, but was unsure which brand to go with or if that style would even look good with the watch in question...

The other option would be a nice leather deployment strap, but I want to keep it <$50 or so. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Definitely try a Zulu strap as the weave and material is a bit thicker. Maratac makes them. Try Countycomm.

·
Vendor
3,010 Posts
Most Zulus are only slightly thicker (0.2-0.3mm) than NATO straps, however, they also use a different (heavier) weave of nylon so they are generally slightly stiffer and more sturdy. As you may see when searching this forum, a couple of companies carry Zulu straps that are up to 2.0mm thick. While some prefer this thickness, it is usually at the cost of comfort and the straps can be difficult to fit between the spring bars and watch case of many watches, due to their thickness.

Worth noting, a NATO strap definitely has the strength to support even large, heavy watches (we wear a Lumtec M6 and a Deep Blue Master 2000 on NATO's, both are much larger and heavier than your Tissot), but for peace of mind and a sturdy feel on the wrist, your best bet would be to switch to a Zulu. The keepers and the buckle are also much more substantial on a Zulu, compared to a NATO.

Good luck on your search. :-!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Consider a nice 2 pc. zulu. Delivers all the benefits of the extra thick webbing, with none of the "stack height" penalty. They look tough. Picture stolen from Broadarrow.net.
zulu2p.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts