WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Breitling Aerospace for size, fit, and function, but the price is a little out of my reach, so I'm looking for a reasonable alternative.

I need something that is about as thin as the Aerospace, and is no larger than 40mm diameter, and it must have a metal band. It can be all digital.

I really like the funcitionality of the G-Shock 5600 series with the composite band, and especially like the Auto EL feature, but I think the series is somewhat oversized for me.

Any insight will be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tough to find something no bigger than 40mm.

See here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/looking-affordable-ana-digi-watch-similar-breitling-styling-need-ideas-638022.html

Maybe if a watch a few mm over 40 would be acceptable, also see:

1. Junghans Aviator Chronograph (42.5 mm)

2. Seiko SNJ005 (41 mm)

3.Citizen JT3034-57E (I like this one, however not sure if you can find one easily. Caveat, it is 43mm)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Check ebay for the Omega Seamaster 120m Multifunction. Just search ebay for "omega multifunction". *Great* watch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I recently purchased the Citizen Nighthawk you mentioned. The actual diameter is 40mm without the crown. This is a very nice design with a useful digital display. I use this second display to show 24 hour time (something I need for my work). This is a really good alternative to the Aerospace at a good price (mine is an excellent condition $100 Ebay purchase). Actually there are several new ones available on Ebay now: Citizen Promaster Ana-Digi Quartz Men's Watch (JT3039-53E | eBay

Tough to find something no bigger than 40mm.

See here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/looking-affordable-ana-digi-watch-similar-breitling-styling-need-ideas-638022.html

Maybe if a watch a few mm over 40 would be acceptable, also see:

1. Junghans Aviator Chronograph (42.5 mm)

2. Seiko SNJ005 (41 mm)

3.Citizen JT3034-57E (I like this one, however not sure if you can find one easily. Caveat, it is 43mm)

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
don't forget the one that uses the same movement, only downside is its size, 45mm... Swiss army classic chorno XLS MT

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the Victorinox Chrono XLS MT doesn't have a backlight, otherwise I would've bought it a long time ago!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Memphis reminded me of a watch which may meet all of your criteria: the Tissot T34748762 (38mm) (about $400).

41OfL98V-zL._SX385_.jpg

Not sure if it matters to you, but it also does not have a light.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
don't forget the one that uses the same movement, only downside is its size, 45mm... Swiss army classic chorno XLS MT
Similar but not exactly the same - the Breitling has a thermo-compensated highend quartz movement which runs around +/-5sec/year. The Victorinox has the movement without the thermo-compensation but the rest of the features is the same AFAIK. Check out the ETA-homepage - they got some pretty decent info on their various movements. Breitling has the 988.652 "Thermoline" movement and the Victorinox the 988.333 "Flatline" movement. There's also a B&R with this movement which looks great IMO. I'd have recommended the Casio ECW-M300 btw as a substitute for the Breitling but I think it's bigger than 40mm.
@ marcb515
I don't think that any 5600 G-Shock models could be too big on any wrist :-d. It's actually one of the smalles and slimmest G-Shock models.

cheers, Sedi :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts