WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the crappy Casio I use for jogging.

I was wondering, what is the best Analog / Digital watch for under $500? I am not considering "weird" designs (such as some Fossils and Nixons and such) and would like something that looks like it's coming from the Breitling Aerospace school of design (i.e., small LDC windows + analog hour minutes hands).

Also, not interested in the Tissot Multitouch, too many problems reported in the Tissot forum (plus, they abound around here, and I want something less known if I can get away with it).

Shoot on!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Are you looking for something that is for swimming / running or for less active use?

I have an ana-digi G-Shock and Hamilton Multi-Touch but it sounds like you are not interested in either of those.

There are a couple of others that I have that may interest you..I have an Accutron Telluride (model 26C07) which has a lot of features. Unless you are using the backlight the digital display is pretty subtle. I also have a Bulova Marine Star (model 96C30) that is a world timer and chronograph.

A (bad) pic of the Bulova is shown below:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ISLANDERFAN! The Bulova and Accutron are fine example of what I was hoping to get as suggestions!

That Accutron is NICE :p. That design pretty much nailed what I'd like to find! It may also have the same movement as the Aerospace!? More research is due!

A big :thanks to ISLANDERFAN! Any other suggestions out there?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Citizen Skyhawk maybe of interest...
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/skyhawk.asp

Certainly well above your price range, but the Breitling Aerospace (as you mention) is IMO among the best analog/digital watches. I love mine.:) I reseted mine over 2 months ago and it is still dead on.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I totally forgot that I had another one. You may want to look at the Swiss Army ST-4000. It is the watch from I Am Legend. It was recently discontinued but you can still find them for sale on the 'net. One thing to keep in mind is that it is only rated at 30m water resistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts