WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what i want to find pictures appreciated.

37-40mm case, sapphire crystal solid bullet proof movement, and keep it at around 150.00 or under if it can be done!

·
Registered
426 Posts
here is what i want to find pictures appreciated.

37-40mm case, sapphire crystal solid bullet proof movement, and keep it at around 150.00 or under if it can be done!
not sapphire, but a lovely watch Sea-Gull M186S Automatic Designer Watch Seagull I have one. $112

during my perusals, came across ÉϺ£ÊÖ±íÉϺ£ÅÆÊÖ±íÈ«ÐÂпî×Ô¶¯»úе±í À¶±¦Ê¯¾µÃæ30Ã×Éî¶È·ÀË®-ÌÔ±¦Íø you will be able to import it using a Taobao agent for about $140.

If it's your first Chinese, I would suggest a Sea-gull from Jun Liao Sea-Gull

·
Registered
559 Posts
not sapphire, but a lovely watch Sea-Gull M186S Automatic Designer Watch Seagull I have one. $112

during my perusals, came across ÉϺ£ÊÖ±íÉϺ£ÅÆÊÖ±íÈ«ÐÂпî×Ô¶¯»úе±í À¶±¦Ê¯¾µÃæ30Ã×Éî¶È·ÀË®-ÌÔ±¦Íø you will be able to import it using a Taobao agent for about $140.

If it's your first Chinese, I would suggest a Sea-gull from Jun Liao Sea-Gull
+1
I would also recommend Jun Liao I had a good experience buying from him, and his website which Defiant4Ever posted a link to has a nice selection of new Sea-Gull watches (many with two dial variations) well within your price range minus the sapphire crystal.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,198 Posts
Given you're asking for sapphire (review)...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Blue

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wanting it to be a beater watch on the lines of a diver without the dial! i work construction so my watch crystals get scuffed up!!!!!!!!
\

·
Registered
272 Posts
Manbushijie.com (look under the "Without Logo" section) carry some great watches for the below $200 price range. A lot of homages. Submariner/Panerai stuff. I tried them out for a friend and they were decent. I would co

For $110 you can get this Submariner homage with sapphire crystal.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Pretty sure they use one of those SEAGULL work horse movements, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Imho, the best bang for bucks Chinese watch is Panerai homage of parnis or marina militare brand.

$75 include shipping, you get a very quality watch case, decorated movement with well finished plate and rotor. A see thru backcase to enjoy the movement. Plus AR coat on crystal. Inside the watch case, the movement is all metal and no plastic. Unlike some few hundred dollars swiss watch. You open and see cheap plastic holder, feeling a bit cheap of it. Yes, its no sapphire but you got to get one on yr hand to appreciate it. Change the stock strap, it feels like few thousand dollars watch.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
779 Posts
Manbushijie.com (look under the "Without Logo" section) carry some great watches for the below $200 price range. A lot of homages. Submariner/Panerai stuff. I tried them out for a friend and they were decent. I would co

For $110 you can get this Submariner homage with sapphire crystal.
View attachment 768858

Pretty sure they use one of those SEAGULL work horse movements, but don't quote me on that.
If you signed up on the website, you can get this watch for $70, not 110. It has a sapphire crystal, but the movement is not a seagull...

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
It shall be a DG2813 which is equally robust and reliable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice watches but i have been doing some thinking. i use a Jack hammer and other tools that have severe vibration to them. would a automatic be affected and should i be looking at a quartz movement instead. this will be a daily wear work watch it has to have a scratch proof crystal as well mineral glass although better it still taking on some scratches!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice watches but i have been doing some thinking. i use a Jack hammer and other tools that have severe vibration to them. would a automatic be affected and should i be looking at a quartz movement instead. this will be a daily wear work watch it has to have a scratch proof crystal as well mineral glass although better it still taking on some scratches!
Perhaps a nice G-Shock would be more appropriate?

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Steinhausen Chronograph. I believe it's a Shanghai B variant, but with lots of features. Being listed here for $179 Mechanical Chronograph Watch by Steinhausen
An interesting looking watch. It has a lot of similarities to the Seiko 'Age of Discovery' watches from the 90s.

Alas; it is not a chronograph; just a multifunction calendar watch.

Still; it would make a nice dress watch and should inspire conversation :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts