WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my Mudman that was recently stolen and I'm about to just buy it from shopCasio.com. Its getting harder to find for a good price and I don't really feel like driving around to different stores. Before I pay full price, can anyone tell me a reputable place to get it for less? Not too keen on eBay, cause of fakes and stupid return policies. I see it for 159.99 at Casio G Shock Black Mudman Compass Moon Thermometer Watch G9300 1 | eBay and that's a really good price, but some of the negative feedback so far mentions fakes on their knives. Hmmm. I have a coupon code for free shipping from Casio, so that's nice, but its still 40 bucks more than this other place. Anyone have any guidance for me? Amazon isn't that much better on prices and I've hit up all the others I already know like longislandwatch.com, bluedial.com, etc...where should I buy it?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
They've got TWENTY SEVEN THOUSAND positive feedbacks over the past 12 months, and a 99.8% positive feedback rating, and you're worrying about a couple of people who claim they're selling fake knives?

It's the internet, and there are apparently people who make up bad ratings for a hobby -- in another thread I found a bunch of bad "one star" reviews for a G-Shock on Amazon, and the reasons had nothing to do with the watch. :-d

Personally, I'd feel safe purchasing from this seller, and if there WAS a problem with the watch, getting my money back from eBay Buyer Protection.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough; you make some good points. I'd almost say it's a "too good to be true" price but I bought my original Mudman for 150.00 from Macy's. At this point in my watch buying, I'm very much a "Buy the seller" buyer, so ANY mention of fakes bothers me.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Anybody else notice the spike in GW-9010 resale prices?

Speaking of Mudman pricing, what's the deal with the GW-9010?

For the last several years, this watch has been bumping around the mid $50's for used examples, and new ones touching into $80's on average. Now? Used ones are selling like new prices used to be and NIB examples are going for $125+. I have NO CLUE as to why this is happening, because this isn't an exceptional Mudman... with the only advantage over the GW-9000 being the rally timer. But how many people really use that?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Re: Anybody else notice the spike in GW-9010 resale prices?

Speaking of Mudman pricing, what's the deal with the GW-9010?

For the last several years, this watch has been bumping around the mid $50's for used examples, and new ones touching into $80's on average. Now? Used ones are selling like new prices used to be and NIB examples are going for $125+. I have NO CLUE as to why this is happening, because this isn't an exceptional Mudman... with the only advantage over the GW-9000 being the rally timer. But how many people really use that?
Strange. Has it been discontinued?

For that matter, I don't think the G9000-1V is listed on Casio's sites anymore under the current offerings.

I prefer the G9000, never liked the angry look of the G9010.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

I just purchased a G9000-1V last week from a seller on ebay for $69.90 that should arrive Monday. He had 100% positive feedback for over 400 sales so I felt pretty good about it.

It's the 4th G-Shock I've bought on ebay this month, all from different sellers in the US, and so far each one has been legit with all the accessories it should come with.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts

Strange. Has it been discontinued?
It is located in the "Product Archive" now, so apparently it is discontinued. Although CASIO has a remark saying limited availability at select retailers, but then doesn't provide any other information. Still... so many were made, as the Mudman has long been popular... so just seems weird that there would be a price spike like this.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts

Hm, IMO the module in the GW-9010 (same as GW-M850) is one of the very best when it comes to time-keeping functions. The rally timer is a great feature of course and it's one of the very few solar/atomic Gs on which you can set the alarms for a certain date like on the DW-5600/6900. It's also the only solar/atomic with a display flasher (although that only works on the rally timer) - but I guess those features aren't the reason for increased prices but simply the availability.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

Hm, IMO the module in the GW-9010 (same as GW-M850) is one of the very best when it comes to time-keeping functions. The rally timer is a great feature of course and it's one of the very few solar/atomic Gs on which you can set the alarms for a certain date like on the DW-5600/6900. It's also the only solar/atomic with a display flasher (although that only works on the rally timer) - but I guess those features aren't the reason for increased prices but simply the availability.

cheers, Sedi :)
Thanks, I learn something new here every day.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts

I have the Mudman MIMB which I really like, visually speaking. It has some subtle differences from the original. The buttons are quite firm to press, but I don't wear this one often--no big deal. The resin strap is very soft and the "nubs" on the case back don't bother me.

Anyway, I managed to snag a regular GW-9010 that was supposed to be "nearly new" for a very good price. Turns out it wasn't so new after all. The photos happened to be of an excellent condition one that the seller previously sold. He just re-used them. Anyway, with a pitted crystal it was pretty much a disaster in my book and so the seller is taking it back. However, I'm very glad this happened. The buttons are SERIOUSLY HARD to press. They are worse than my MIMB Mudman. This is just absolutely unusable. I can see now why so many people complained about this watch... and so it baffles me why it would be sought after now. Must be a lot of people who haven't owned one previously and haven't read up on the past discussions about this watch. Yes, great functionality, but what good is it when you go to press and nothing happens, MISSING YOUR TIMING EVENT? Fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts